Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 vs. Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 07:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

Posted by raptorrider66r Vegas don't look now but, another cracked frame on a z400 (See WP), better hang onto that Raptor you may need it!
Are they known for having cracked frames or somethin?

Old 11-11-2002, 07:49 PM
Range Rover
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

No!

Old 11-11-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

2 people on here have cracked them already, Bartlett Racing and WP. These guys race mind you and race hard. Ask them! All new models seem to have there own set of issues that the manufactures have to iron out!

And I am sorry but I have not ridden or bought a stock quad that is perfect for me.

You over exagerate about the bad handling Raptor, you act like it handles like a utility quad. Does the LTZ400 Handle better I would guess yes! Does this mean the Raptor handles like crap, NO it does not!

Because a Raptor is faster does that make a Z400 slow NO! You say the Z400 only loses by a little bit in a drag, well the Raptor only lost by a tiny bit on the track! And in the latest test in the dirt rags the expert rider was a little faster on the Raptor. Look at the times man they are very close all the way around if the z400 handled like a ROLL 250R and the Raptor handled like a Sportsman 700 like the way you make it sound the Z would just kill it on the track!

Is the Raptor perfect? No Is the Z perfect? No Each has it's good qualities. Z400 Handles better Raptor has a big torque motor! Be thankkful we have choices. I for one would not like the same quad as everyone else that rides even if it handled better and was faster!

I had a quadzilla for 6 years or so when I finally got rid of it and bought my Raptor. After having that much power it is very hard to hop on any stock machine and have it feel fast. The raptor was as close as I could get to that same power and feel (tried a Bomb did not like it bought a Dale did not like it).

Vegas you like your Z400 better and that is cool! We all look for different things from our quads!

Nocando

Old 11-11-2002, 11:26 PM
Range Rover
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

WELL SAID!

Old 11-12-2002, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

Very well said. I've rode both a bunch and the Z felt better to me for the type of riding that I do which is very technical and tight woods. The Raptor isn't as controlable when ledgehopping and going crossways on hills. The Raptor is more wheely prone. I like them both but after riding both at my main riding area I chose what was comfortable for me. I've had 0 problems with my Z and the only problems my Raptor riding buddy has had is a starter. The crappy stock tires are still hanging in there on our machines even after riding the rock ledges of Chadwick. But they are wearing fast.

Old 11-12-2002, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

The z400 is the best new quad on the market right now. It is awesome, my friend has one and i was riding it(i liked it so much i decided to get one myself) It has got the best handling of any quad ive ever had. I used to have a raptor. It sucked thats why i sold it. why not just get something really fast, lightweight(the z is 25 ibs. lighter than the new raptors)and has good handling and put a few mods on it to make it even faster then it will burn a raptors @$$!!!!!!!!!!

Raptors suck
400ex really sucks

z400 is the best

Old 11-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

[quote]
Originally posted by: RaptorRider660R
Vegas don't look now but, another cracked frame on a z400 (See WP), better hang onto that Raptor you may need it!

Nocando

spent all of that money you could make a raptor have better handling.

a raptor cost 800 more than a z

for that much you could put mods on a z to make it burn the ***** out of a raptor and the z would still have better handling

why pay that much money

Old 11-12-2002, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

Carl, It is obvious you are a man of vast intelligence and I have seen the error of my ways! The Raptor is officially for sale! I feel so stupid spending all this money getting my quad just the way I like it. Why oh why couldn't I have been smart and bought the quad you like!

Nocando

Old 11-13-2002, 02:20 PM
Range Rover
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

Cadilacpimpin,
I usually dont get involved with "pissing matches"..but i have to chim in here.....first question i want to ask you is this..."how old are you".......i do like the Z400....and it's a great quad...but it will never be as fast as my raptor....and my raptor handles as well as a Z....the reason it does is because i modified to my specifications....i would have done the same if i bought the z.....but a Z will never be as fast as my raptor.....your statements that the raptor suck are only your opinion's.....and you know the saying....there like a$*holes....everyones gottem.....anyhow....if you are going to respond with immature premises to support your arguement...please do it someplace else...we are not interesting in open generalizations that lack substance. And to lower myself to your level.....WTF is with your screenname....cadillacpimpen....what's that suppose to mean???????

I apologize for myself in getten into this kind of discussion...but i couldnt resist.....

herbdon out......

Old 11-14-2002, 11:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Z400 vs. Raptor

search for the exact same wording and you will find about 2 threads a month with 30 or more posts each for the last 3 months.

Quick Reply: Z400 vs. Raptor