Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

700 cc Powervalve 2-Stroke in the works

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 cc Powervalve 2-Stroke in the works

Just got my new issue of ATV Sport in the mail today and on page 10, there is a picture of a 700 Powervalved 2-stroke that they claim may someday find its way into a quad called the "Black Widow".

One thing I noticed is that the motor looks like either a Honda or Suzuki motor. It has similarities of both. But the kickstarter is on the left side of the motor unless they flipped the picture when the mag was published. It is in a "BLUE" frame that also looks siimilar to the old Q-Racer frames. The piston is huge compared to the 250 cc piston they are holding next to it for comparison.

They also claim that vibration will not be bad due to crank balancing.

The power wars are here!!!!!!!

There is also a write-up about the Gas Gas prototype that they rode. Some of the things criticized are the welds of the frame and bent tie-rods were also a problem. But overall, they loved the machine. They said the hydraulic clutch had no resistance. Remember this was only the prototype and all of this may have been addressed on the machines that are now in the publics hands.

Old 11-19-2002, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Thast would be sweet!

Old 11-20-2002, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

I saw that too... It looks really sweeeet. I did notice that the frame color and style from what they showed looked like Suzuki. I hope they come out with that.

Old 11-20-2002, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

I hope so too. I did some checking in some snowmobile sites to see if I could find a motor that used a similar powervalve, but no luck there.

Maybe some of the more computer literate people here can do some digging to see if anyone has gotten the copyright on the name "Black Widow". They did it for the Predator.

Imagine the HP this machine would have. I should also note that the frame appeared to be a sport frame.

If it's going to be called the Black Widow, I would be led to believe that the machine would be red and black and there is one main manufacturer that uses these colors. The unfortunate thing is, it's not Suzuki.

Old 11-20-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

LOL

Old 11-20-2002, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

I know for a fact that a 680cc. two stroke machine will be released in 2004. The motor is done and the manufacture is working on a chassis as we speak. I know who is building the prototype frame as well. I will not say what manufacture is building this quad, so please don't ask. My brother spoke with one of the design engineers at his last race and he confirmed it.

Old 11-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

buddah,

just as a guess, I would say that the 680cc talk is quite possibly Bombardier. There's been a lot of talk about them coming out with a 2-stroke sport machine for about 2 years now. But as I said, it's just a guess.

As far as the Zabel cars, there was mention in the short article that it did resemble a Zabel motor. Could they be getting inot the quad wars too? It would be great if they did.

I do see one sad thing about the bigger, better, faster machines. The anti's and liberals will have their way with the manufacturer's within 5 years and the size of the machines will be cut back/limited to, I would guess 500 cc's. There might not be 2-strokes by that time unless we can prove that there is a market for these motors. BUY UP!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

It is not a Bombardier. I've heard the rumors as well about Bombardier producing a new two stroke quad but have heard nothing as of late.

Old 11-21-2002, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

budda you serious is it atleast from a major manufacturer cuase if not it will probably never get to canada l

Old 11-21-2002, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, this quad will be released by or before 2004. I promised I would not release the name of the company until the quad is ready for release. Most of you have heard of them one time or the other.

Quick Reply: 700 cc Powervalve 2-Stroke in the works