Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadracer Owners! Can you identify this silencer? It won't fit my 92!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadracer Owners! Can you identify this silencer? It won't fit my 92!

Hello everyone,

I bought this Answer silencer on ebay a few weeks ago. It was supposed to fit a '92 Quadracer, but does not. The bend coming out of the silencer is too great and it hits the frame. Does anyone know what year this silencer is made for? 87-90? 85-86? It looks like a nice silencer, good welds, under 94db with a spark arrestor. It was brand new, too. It's a shame it doesn't fit mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Here is a link to the pic of where it hits the frame.

Old 11-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Range Rover

That almost looks like it's made to stuff inbetween that small triangle shape weld on the frame? But then the bend looks like it wouldn't be enough?

Old 11-19-2002, 07:46 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. In fact, I think it would fit there, but the air box is in the way. To know for sure I'd have to remove the airbox. I wasn't in the mood for all that work since I already took off my DG silencer to put this one on and then it didn't fit. I thought the 87-90 years had space there because of a didn't airbox, but I'm not sure. Anyone?

Old 11-19-2002, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

All the pipes I've seen go on the inside of the frame and the silencer bolts to the grab bar mount either without a spacer or a shorter spacer. There should be a "groove" in the air box that allows the pipe to slide next to it. You have a picture that shows a little more from where the pipe and silencer meet to the mount in the back?

Old 11-19-2002, 10:37 PM
Range Rover

looks like the one on my 250r just that its on the wrong side of the quad.

Old 11-19-2002, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

it looks more like the lt500 silencer . the lt 250 has an intermediate pipe before the silencer . on the 500 it is solid from the pipe to the mounts . so i would say that it fits the lt 500 .

Old 11-19-2002, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

yeah it looks like a 500 silancer to me also.

Old 11-20-2002, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

The silencer is labeled "LT250" but the label could be wrong. So it could be a LT500 silencer. Its a dealer label and not from the factory. My DG silencer mounts like the FMF one on this page. Its outside the small triangle, ahead of the airbox. Are pre-91 models like that? Here are a few more pictures to show the bend of the silencer:

Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Here's a question. Do all head pipes coming out in the same place? Meaning, can you put any silencer on a DG pipe including a stock one. Does this work vice-versa? Can you put any silencer made for your year Quadracer on a stock head pipe? So every pipe and silencer connect in the same spot on the quad. Know what I mean? Or must you use a DG silencer with a DG pipe, FMF silencer with a FMF pipe, etc?

Thanks,

mrbones

Old 11-20-2002, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

most aftermarket pipes have their own bend . i really havent tried two diffrent companies together to know for sure , but i think you should still be fairly close with mixing them up . try loosening the air box and shifting it around to see if you can weasle it in through there .

Old 11-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know what you guyts are thinking but lt 250 dont have a mid pipe in there silencers exepct for dg and maybe trinity or lrd and that sa pro silencer is not to a lt 500 its to your 250 and it has a factory d4efect in it its bent to much in ine spot and not enough in anothrt and yes pipes and silencers are interchangble for instense i hAVe a dg pipe with an fmf silencer and it goes both ways and also works with stock not two shure about pro circuit though but i would recomend heting up that silencer inlet and giving it a bend or two no big deal oh yea douglas wheels suck!

Quick Reply: Quadracer Owners! Can you identify this silencer? It won't fit my 92!