Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Brother In Law Trashed My Rebuilt LT250R

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brother In Law Trashed My Rebuilt LT250R

I have my stock carb for sale with a bunch of jets, make me an offer if you want it.

chuck

Old 12-05-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

yo! 87RACER where in MINNESOTA YOU LIVE! I am in Duluth, what color is your 250?

Old 12-05-2002, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Camping with some friends, had my Z with me. Had no problems letting friend ride it while I was there, to babysit. Had to leave camp for a while, he asked if I would leave key. Before I could say NO, girlfriend pipes up and answers, "oh sure, no problem". I had made him promise to stay out of the river and to stop drinking neither of which happened and who knows how the thumb throttle got screwed up as he BLACKED OUT from drinkin. Needless to say, I had very serious words with my woman after this incident since it wasn't her Z she loaned out, but mine. Never, EVER, EVER AGAIN, PERIOD. Sorry to hear of your loss. I know now that I will NEVER loan out my quad; it just ain't worth it.

Old 12-05-2002, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

I've let people ride my different machines over the years with minor incendents. One time my cousin was riding my race quad in the snow and it ended up with a hole in the piston. This wasn't completely his fault he just happen to be driving it when the engine went. I had jsut put a new carb on it and was told it was jetted right. Well it screamed at the race track then a couple weeks later puff. I've also let others ride my quads and I go and jump on it the next time and find out the swing arm bearings are out and nobody said anything. The reason I don't like to let people ride my stuff is because of that. If something is wrong with the machine they don't/or don't know to say anything about it. So since I have 2 machines I just tell them that one needs to be work on or it's not running right. I just make up a different problem everytime and they believe it because they know how I race and ride and figure I jsut keep breeaking stuff. I use this techique so they don't get mad and my stuff doesn't get broke.

Old 12-05-2002, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Lent my BIL my warrior to ride on memorial day weekend, I went with so I felt ok about it, till I see him riding it like its his own, he rode it all weekend and beat the snot out of it. I told him a few times to knock it off but hes too dang cocky to listen. I had it all ready for sale too and now I gotta start back at square one rebuilding after only one ride. I would rather fork over some cash for new parts than deal with him he is such a sack.. not even a thanks.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 87RaceRider
When I saw my newlt rebuilt quad flipping down that hill like a gymnast on meth.......
Now the visual is funny $hit, the rest of the story sucks, I hope it all turns out ok for you.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for all the support...just needed to vent the other day. AZ glad you found humor in that visual [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Without a little humor in life you might as well dig a hole and get right in and cover yourself up. With a few days to think about this I have a whole new outlook on it. It's winter up here, so might as well tear her down, and rebuild her without overlooking a few of the details and upgrades I wanted to do the first time (which I just finished tues morning). The wife feels so bad her brother messed my quad, she will have to stay off my case about the money and time on this rebuild. Ok....I have 3-4 months to where my Ski-Doo MXZ 800 can keep the quad bug at bay. That should be plenty of time to put my baby back together again.

I'll say it again & again.....This forum rocks

Old 12-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats part of the reason I have a twist throttle on my banshee. It scares em off!

RoostKing...

Old 12-06-2002, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

Man that suxs
i am really touchy when people ride my toys, especially when they are inexpierenced. Whats sucks about toys is that you put a good 1000$ or more into it and it takes hours and hours to build and then in seconds it can be ripped away. I would call your bro in-law and ask him if he could at least buy some plastic or handle bars for it. I feel your pain man, My 15 year old cousin decided that he needed to crack my YZ80 fully open... not being used to torquey two strokes it wheelied on him and he crashed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. Although it only lost a bolt for the rear fender the outcome could have been a lot worse.

Old 12-06-2002, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

i just typed a story and was about to post it, when my ISP kicked me offline! dang it!
forget it, im not typing it again,
but i really feel for ya man, i know what your going through

Quick Reply: Brother In Law Trashed My Rebuilt LT250R