Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki Eiger 400 Blown Fuses

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki Eiger 400 Blown Fuses

Over the last year my Suzuki Eiger would loss most of its power(stall when I gave it more than 1/4 trottle) once and a while. I would let it seat for a while and it would be normal operating again. This semmed to happen when it is wet out. Know it blows the ignition fuse ALOT which occurs while driving , starting and sometimes just turning on the ignition.The losing power and blown fuses seem to be all related to the same source. Please HELP because i am so fustrated with this problem. I checked all connectors and wiring, all appair fine. I move all the wires and connectors when it is running but never blows the fuse during this testing.

Old 12-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Range Rover

I fix wiring/electronics for a living and one of the most aggravating problems of all is an intermittent one. I can't fix it if it won't stay broke!
The best you can do is inspect the wiring very THOROUGHLY. Don't worry about the connectors right now. Loose connectors will not blow fuses.
Check the area where the wiring comes up the steering column and where it attaches to the bottom of the instrument panel. Next check the relays and their wiring under the seat.
Even though I own one I'm not sure where the ignition box is located. From what you are saying about the loss of power your problem could be a bad ignition module. See if you can talk a buddy or the dealer into letting you try another one for a while to see if the problem will go away.
Good luck! Intermittents are the worst ones to find.

Old 12-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

I guess you know there was a recall on wiring. Mine was OK but several were found with the wiring partly amiss and the location was (I think) along and under the right rear fender. Something about the wiring harness didn't have a good splice and some of the wires would be sticking out of the splice. Sorry I can't remember more. You might look and see. Seems like they just undid some tape and took a look and said it was OK. I only have 70 miles on Eigher... so far no problems.

Dewbaby