Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

ATV ACTION Shootout!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV ACTION Shootout!!!!!!!!!!!

So your saying the Z-400 lost all the performance aspects of the shootout and yet won due to some distracting flaws of the other quads. Let me guess, they didn't like the plastic on the Pred. The chain made to much noise and it needs to have reverse. And we all know from the other shootouts what they don't like about the Raptor. So what is this, a High Performance Shootout or a beauty contest. Since when does looks beat out power.

Old 01-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Just got my Magazine in today! What a bunch of liars! I remember when the first Predators came out they were beating piped and jetted Raptors by 10 lengths NO WAY could the stock Raptor be faster. It's all money they just lie about everything, I bet they make up those numbers! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Nocando

Old 01-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Tell us more. What are the distacting flaws there talking about. It's also funny, that I've only heard of one stock Raptor beating a Predator (It had a pipe, but it wasn't rejetted) but every other time the Pred beats the Raptor. What was it, a 100' race.

Old 01-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer

As far as I'm concerned .02 seconds just means that it will come down to the rider...but I too want to know what kind of distracting flaws were found in the pred and the raptor?

Old 01-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

The distracting flaws where:

1. The Raptor is no longer a new quad
2. Polaris isn't one of the big four
3. The Suzuki is new, one of the big 4 and they spend a lot of advertising $s as well so by default they win all shootouts in the forseable future regardless of performance. I believe DW has this posted for all employees to see and they change it whenever one of the big 4 comes out with a new quad as long as it isn't a total dud.
Diggler

Old 01-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry I said DW instead of ATVA but their both owned by high torque anyways and they both share the same drugs during shootouts.

Old 01-11-2003, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Drag Race: 300 ft on pavement, Raptor hard to launch wheelies alot, Predator heavy front launches good very close, LTZ 4 Lengths back.

Raptor
Predator
LTZ

Track: Very close edge goes Predator:

Experts Intermediate Novice

Predator 48.1 48.9 57.2
LTZ 48.5 50.2 56.7
Raptor 48.6 49.9 56.4

Motor: Raptor Power everywhere! Next was Predator Low on Power was LTZ 400

Raptor
Predator
LTZ

Tranny: LTZ way ahead smooth and spot on gear spacing, Raptor with linkage very notchy, distant 3rd Predator disliked tranny!

LTZ
Raptor
Predator

Suspension: Perfect balance LTZ Close second Predator, Best rear Shock, Distant 3rd raptor TOO Soft!

LTZ
Predator
Raptor

Handling: Great tires pro steering takes it to next level, LTZ nothing wrong with it, Raptor, too thin, too tall!

Predator
LTZ
Raptor

Jumping: Predator smooth for its weight, LTZ well balanced, Raptor Soft Shocks!

Predator
LTZ
Raptor

Whoops: None perfect, LTZ can tend to pack on long whoop sections, Raptor light front end great power, Predator heavy front end hard to keep it up!

LTZ
Raptor
Predator

Hills: LTZ Smooth, Raptor *****, Predator both

All even! For different reasons

Brakes: Predator with steel braided slightly better than the other 2.

Predator
LTZ and Raptor

Wheelies: Ltz light front end smooth power, Raptor dual carbs didn't like, Predator heavy front end designed to prevent wheelies.

LTZ
Raptor
Predator

Woods: LTZ Smooth light, well balanced with reverse, Predator next great handling good power, Raptor Tall and Tippy.

LTZ
Predator
Raptor

Dunes: All close Predator last because the razrs sucked in the sand!

Raptor
LTZ
Predator

Overall:

LTZ
Predator
Raptor

People should read what they are saying instead of crying that their quad did not win! There is no agenda no big money payoff! They just pick what they like to ride, The fastest is not always the most fun to run. For some it is but not for everyone. Does this mean the LTZ is the best for everyone no of course not just the one the liked best overall!

Nocando

Old 01-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

So your saying it makes sense that the Pred is the worst in the bunch at whoops and it has the best stock suspension of the bunc? This is believable to you...honestly. The Z has better suspension than the Pred as well? I don't even like Polaris and I would buy a Z before a Pred but this doesn't sound out of whack to you?

Old 01-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

BTW this is just like the other thread someone sticks up for DW and says "just because your quad didn't win"

Nobody is yelling because their quad didn't win their yelling because the shootouts are flawed to the max right down to many of their quoted specs and statements.

Everyone wants honest shootouts not to just see their bike win.

Old 01-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

They said the LTZ had the best susp and they explained that the Predator front end being heavy made it lower in the whoops, READ!

Do you honestly think they purposely lie? Do you think it might be you place more value on different things than the testers do? Yes they occasionally get some numbers wrong as does everybody but by and large I think they tell the truth how they feel, which may not be how you or I feel! No one should buy there quad cause a Mag picked it the best, they should read the test take the points that mean the most to them and use them to help guide them, that and trying them themselves and deciding what they like and or dislike!

Nocando

Quick Reply: ATV ACTION Shootout!!!!!!!!!!!