Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

My daughter smoked a Predator on my Zila

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My daughter smoked a Predator on my Zila

Hey suzukikiller, it is pretty obvious to me that you base all of your info on what you here from the rest of the squids out there. I have a 1990 LT500 still running the first piston out of the box. Go ahead and count that, yup it is 14 years on the same piston. Let's see how you fair after 14 years with your complicated 4 stroke engines. The difference between us guys that still ride what you call "old *** quads" is that we know a little bit about how they work and how to fix/Maintain them. So you say the Z smokes the quadracer, well I hate to tell you this but my 240 lb. fat *** on my stock '89 LT-250 beats the z400 with a 190 lb rider on it, that has a pipe, jetting, k&n. We have raced 20 times on hard pack and everytime I leave the Z from 1-3 then it is about 3 bike lengths. Not much but you say your Z smokes the 250 well it must not be stock then. The whole thing here seems to be a pride issue, but if you haven't sized up the competition don't make statements when you know nothing about it. Also just in case you big banshee riders want to size up your bikes look into the 1987-88 LT-500 built by World Tech racing. They broke the ATV land speed record with it. It was, if memory serves, 145 HP 160 MPH on the salt flats. They ran dual-paddles and it was paid for by Suzuki. I'm sure by now the super modded banshes have edged this but if that's not impressive I don't know what is. Now as far as the new quads riding nicer, well sure the technology is better now then it was 14-16 years ago, but you are comparing new quads with new suspension to the older quads out there that usually have worn out suspension. Have any of you ever riden an LT500 or 250 with after market suspension? Of course not because most of you have never riden on the older bikes you just like to dog on them. Don't get me wrong I like some of the 4 strokes but I would not choose one over the LT500 they just don't fit in the same league. In the end it's all about having fun and keeping the riding areas opened so we can continue to ride!!

Old 02-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

RoostKing

You got me shaking in my mx boots that some long rod 420 big-balled banshee is going to roost on my poor little 15-year-old daughter.

Even though my Zilla is 15years old, has the original piston and still running strong, I was thinking about refreshing my top end.
I figure 15 years + one race season on it(1 place overall) and it couldn't hurt.

Seem like Duncan or Trinity has top end kits that bring up HP to 80+.

Duncan says:
Power Gain
55% to 65% over stock, peak
Stock is 52hp if I am remembering right. That means a max of 33.8hp gain = 85.8 total with their total set up.

Duncan lt500 kits

After talking to them they both, they told me if I keep my pipe and my 38 Keihn 75-80 hp on 92octane is common with their porting.

Originally posted by: RoostKing
no special motor mods, 75 horsepower. EASY
Got any other good "the one that got away stories??"
I love seat of the pants dyno numbers, they are always so high

HEHEH I got a 420, but I was still beatin zillas before..Now its not even close......

RoostKing...
Maybe duneaddict was right on with his seat of the pants dyno.
Tell us what your zillz eating shee has in it for mods,other that a special 420 stroked crank and rods.

duneaddict

Maybe when your sack drops, you'll realize how immature your post sounded.
ROFL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Nothing like a good laugh at work to break up the day!

Where did you get your 580 from?

Old 02-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

I'm guessing he got his cylinder punched out and got a big bore kit from Wiseco. I think you can achieve 600+cc if you get stroker along with it.

Old 02-03-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

AllCool,

I've been doing some of my own motor work as of late (Lack of competent Zuk builders out there)
There's a few places that offer a stroker crank, and some really big pistons (golldarn near a small block Chevy in bore)
My current motor is a complete homebrew, computer simulated ports, and many hours of grinding...Been working on building a custom drag pipe too (Exactly matched to the previously mentioned porting)... Soon as I get some dry ground (Dang snow) I'll be doing more seat of the pants testing.

I'll be huntin' for a few good Banshee's for breakfast... The first ride out was impressive to say the least!

Where'd you find that Klemm pipe? Does it work pretty well?

A good friend of mine (ZillaDaddy) has been visiting with the folks at Mac Racing about their stroker motors, etc.... They do some really exotic work with the OLD A$$ 2 strokers!
I'll be curious to see how that turns out!

Regards,

Old 02-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Roost, no one is scared of your "Magic Banshee". Long-Rod, Stroker, whatever it is me and the rest of the Zilla crew aren't intimidated. It takes alot of Banshee to clean up on my Zilla and I know someone on the forum has a faster one. From what I hear not many of the fast LT500's are in California or Arizona. Come to the midwest and we can play.

Old 02-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

i raced the lt500 with my raptor and got smoked by about 2-3 quads
well whoever was racing the LT sucked at driving cause if you put me on one I will spank you like your mom does

that old stuff is dieing fast
exactly why there are lots of 15 year old ones spanking new ones. I don't see a whole lot of 15 year old 4 strokes out there smoking the new ones now do you?

get a banshee...you can make them faster then a lt 500 or a lt 250 will ever be
no the Quadzilla is the fastest production ATV

no reverse no electric start..
unless your a ***** and you ride for 5 minutes at a time a kickstart is fine by me. Zillas are for dunes not woods man, only thing a zilla would do with reverse was turn around to watch a four stroke on the 5 minute approach to catch up with it.

thats all I gotta say about that. I like 4 strokes, I own one. But I was born and raised on 2 stroke dirtbikes and there ain't nothing like em. the're the sh*t and if I had the land to ride one I would be riding a zilla. Don't diss the two strokes cause they will rape you

Old 02-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

Old 02-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know that your Zillas are crazy fast and have ungodly amounts of power, but you'd be surprised with just how fast a predator can be with a good rider. I haven't got to race a Zilla, but i was out this weekend and raced an 88 LT 250R with a Kawasaki 500cc dirtbike motor in it, and incase you don't know they have over 60 hp, and the 1st time he got me by a length in about 300ft, but the 2nd time i got him by a nose in the same distance. I'm not saying that i can run with you Zilla guys, but I am saying that I can run with most anybody. And oh yeah, it's gonna take a heavily modded 250R to run with a predator if the guy knows how to drive.

Old 02-04-2003, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I hope you dont think that your bike really hung with a honest to goodness 60 HP machine with a good rider.
A true, well ridden, 60HP machine would leave a pred in the jet wash. (with traction, ect)

But, ill forget all that but only because I see that you ride a bike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

(I ride a solid black 97' ZX-7R w/ numerous mods... I love it as much as my quad)

-Matt

Old 02-04-2003, 09:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well to be honest with you i'm at no loss of power on my predator. I've got a few mods and it dynoes at 51.8. I wish i had the dyno sheet to post on here and show you, but i don't have a scanner or a digital camera. So sorry about that. We were both running Maxxis Razr's and both with the exact same size tire. We weren't on a surface where we had alot of traction, so i'm not gonna sit here and say that on a hard packed surface i can be side by side with him, but where we raced at it was dead even, that's all. Maybe here pretty soon i'll be able to get a spanking from a zilla, but i'll have to wait and see.

Quick Reply: My daughter smoked a Predator on my Zila