Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

QuadZilla Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QuadZilla Transmission

Was wondering if anyone else had problems with their Zilla tranny? Was drag racing this weekend at Little Sahara and tranny started popping out of 3rd and 4th. When you can get it to stay in gear it feels fine. I was told the shifting forks get weak after many years of kicking Banshee tail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Has anyone replaced their's? We're thinking of splitting the cases ourselves (TruckRacer). Already have a shop manual and some time, might as well. Any additional info. is appreciated.

Old 02-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

that is what it sound like . its either that or the dogs (keepers ) in the shift drum . when i redid mine i put all new gears in . the manual does cover it pretty good . if you have a digital camera take pics of the gears and stuff before you take it apart for a second referance . you be back up and kick shee back side soon i hope . im going to be going to sahara next month with the zilla . when you going again ?

Old 02-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Go here http://www.off-road.com/atv/qra/intro.html and follow the links on the left for a complete tear down and assembly on a 87 zilla. This site helped me tremendously when I took mine apart.

Go here http://www.off-road.com/dunes/suzukitech/tips.html to see why it jumps out of gear (near the bottom of the page)

Hope this helps...it was a life saver for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

Mine does that every once in a while.Stormnorm,what part of Ontario do you live,and how close is it to Sarnia?

Old 02-25-2003, 10:50 PM
BR
Trailblazer

Dogs are wore on the gears, you can have them done where they wont do that any more, i had a 87 LT500
D&M racing in Phoenix done it, never had a problem since, tranny work is good from them, Hall Precision Racing in phoenix built my old motor, ported, flowed, carb work, was scary fast... I could beat CR250's up the hill at the dunes, they didnt like me playing in there world!!! BR

Old 02-26-2003, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Sudbury

Old 02-26-2003, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

DonZilla, I hope to have the Zilla fixed by SnakeHunt (weekend after Easter). Anybody have a cost estimate on parts? I am going to try to split the cases myself and fix it. Thanks for all your help.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Range Rover

Stormnorm,I'm not familiar with that part of Ontario,but if it's close to the Bridge to the state's,In Sarnia.Then maybe this summer you can attend the race's here.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

well if you replace the two gears (3rd and4th) with all the other stuff , you should be right at 250 . if you dont have a flywheel puller i would spend the 13-16 dollars and get one . if you follow the manual closely you will be alright . i might try to go for the snake hunt also . Don

Old 02-27-2003, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info guys. I will try to have it running by SnakeHunt, if not I might have to borrow a ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Either way, I will be there. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: QuadZilla Transmission