Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

just bought an lt 250r need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought an lt 250r need help

hi i am new to this fourm i was just wondering if anyone can help me with settin my lt250r up for mx.like wut suspension mods are the best and some stuff i can do for free that will help me with performance also i will be doing suspension first so i mostly need help with that

Old 03-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It all depends on how much money you have to spend. I am running works tripple rates with rezzies on the front of mine with +2" a-arms.......the front suspension really helps on the quadracer by the way, and the works shocks are reasonably priced. The rear shock is a pretty good one. Try playing with the settings to get it dialed in, or you can have it re-valved if necessary without having to spend mega-bucks on a new one. As for motocross, a steering stabilizer will help also, and don't forget you'll need nerf bars and a kill switch too.
As far as performance goes, a pipe and silencer is a good way to start. You can take off the airbox cover for a free performance boost as well, just be sure to check your jetting. Reeds will also help without costing an arm and leg.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

The best thing that you can do for the LT when using it for MX (or any other application) is to add width to the front end and get a good set of aftermarket shocks. You will be greatly amazed at how big a difference those 2 things can make. Your quad will feel much more stable it will handle jumps and whoops like you never thought was possible with the stockers. I currently have a set of Laeger camber adjustable a-arms +2width+1forward and TCS (Zero Preload) adjustable dual-rate front shocks on mine and the rear shock has been reworked and revalved by PEP. I am going to a long-travel front end and am putting these up for sale. Let me know if you are interested or even if you need anymore info about any LT topic. I like to see other guys racing LT's. I guess because I own and race one.
Thanks!

Old 03-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Hey lt250500, what kind of long travel setup are you going with? Is it the HSD? Just curious. Man, it seems like you only run across LT riders and racers very seldomly, doesn't it. I think that Suzuki's just get a bad wrap cause they are good quads!

Old 03-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am in the process of building a custom frame to accept a set of Honda 250R long-travel a-arms. I am only going with the Honda style arms because no one builds aftermarket frames and longtravel suspension for the LTs. I think it sucks!

Old 03-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have talked to Mark at HSD and he is backed up on work for atleast 4 months because he has been without a welder. I currently have a LT500 engine in a 1990 LT250R frame and just putting his clip on the front won't take care of all my problems and so I am building my own frame using parts that are easily available.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Why are you selling your 92 LT250R? What does it have and what are you asking for it?

Trending Topics

Old 03-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Hey lt250500, I sent you a PM with info on my quad. I had checked into HSD clip front end a few monthes back too. It just doesn't seem to be worth all the money by the time you'd get the clip, long travel a-arms and spindles, shocks, etc. Too bad Lonestar and Laeger, or Walsh, etc. don't make narrow front frames for the Suzuki's because handling is their only downfall.

Old 03-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

That is currently what I am designing and building; a narrowed front end frame with more rake utilizing a long travel front end.

Old 03-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, let me knoe how you're coming along on that frame! I thought about giving that a try, but I'm no welder. I have a cousin who is in the fabrication buisness though and I wish both he and I had the time to do something like that. Let me know how it goes and how it works. Will you be selling them if you make it? And if so, how much? I would keep the old Zook if it handled like I wanted, and I think what you're doing is the right step! Will you be able to use the Suzuki pipe with the one you're building? If I remember correctly, the with other aftermarket frame you had to modify the pipe.

Quick Reply: just bought an lt 250r need help