Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT250R

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT250R

Hello im thinking about get a 90-92 suzuki quadracer.ive been doing my rreseach and they sound like nice quads. But ive talked to some people and they say they are junk. I dont know what to think. what can i expect when i get it? what are some common problems? thanks for your help

Old 03-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LT250R

the people that say the quadracer 250 is junk have no clue what they are talking about (they probally ride 4 strokes, haha!!) i have two sitting in my garage an 86 and a 92 , i love the 92 , i have owned it since new and ride it hard all year long (weekends) and never had any major problems with it. if u get an 85 to 87 be careful of the rear swingarm they tend to crack under the rear bearing housing , they fixed that problem with the newwer ones.
havefun,
maddmatt

Old 03-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default LT250R

They are awesome machines. I have a z400 also and it doesnt handle as good as the quadracer. The z has a better feel though. It should its 12 years newer. With a few mods there are very fast. They will out run all of the modern 4strokes unless they are built all to sh--

Old 03-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default LT250R

Dude I'm willing to bet the people you have talked to are saying honda this and that but remember this, bone stock to bone stock the LT has more power and is faster than the TRX. The only reason honda made it big with racing is because of handling. I love the LT I think they handle better than what everybody else say and yes I've ridden the Honda 250R and 400EX. All my friends have 400EXs and 1 Z400 and I decided to go old school with an 86' LT (that's piped and thats it). We have our own little tracks and I'm usually in the lead when we play race (NO LIE!!). We have all been riding since 1997 or so and I'm 19 now. My point is its mainly rider skill and ability when it comes to racing. The Quadracer just kicks a$$ in my opinion.

Old 03-13-2003, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LT250R

Yes they all said the TRX250R kicks a** and they say its way better than suzuki. i have a honda right now and i hate it. i will never ride red AGAIN! lol. its suzuki for now on. i personally like suzuki for the reliablity. my friend got a rm80 94 and that thing has never died on him. all original. and someday i would like to race a trx250r with my quadracer and kick his a**. the day will come [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2003, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default LT250R

Yeah I know what you thinkin.......same here pal

Old 03-14-2003, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default LT250R

I have owned an 85 and 87 quadracer. Personally, I like the 250R better. The LT seemed to have a "choppy" suspension. I didn't care for the way you sit on it. Steering seemed more precise on the 250R. I am not knocking the LT because they are still great quads. I love my banshees, but I would rather have my motor in a 250r frame.

You can do a LOT with the later LT engines.

Old 03-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default LT250R

Yeah I know that AlkyBurningX its just that my ol' 86' has never let me down.

Old 03-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Range Rover
Default LT250R

I OWN A 90' LT AND IT JUST KEEPS ON GOING.. IM ONLY 14 BUT IVE OT QUITE SOME HOURS ON IT... THE 87 ON YEARS HAVE A POWER VALVE SO IT GIVES ALOT MORE POWER THAN THE EARLYIER MODELS... GREAT BIKE... I WOULD INVESTE IN ONE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LET US KNOW IF U GO THROUGH WITH IT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2003, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default LT250R

it seems like since since its unamious us guys an gals enjoy our 2 strokes.It seems the big 4 are wasting there time mas sproducing 4 strokes an should make 2 strokes an not listen to the epa or damn tree huggers.I use to believe companies made there money from customers who voted w there wallets an pocketsbooks an it seems we know the real answer here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: LT250R