Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Set-up tips with WB R4 slip-on for Z400?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set-up tips with WB R4 slip-on for Z400?

I hope a few of you can give me a heads up on some set-up tips, I did some research and ordered a WB R4 slip-on tonite and am hoping some of you can give me some jetting and air filter set-up tips, My bike is mechanically totally stock, So any advice will be greatly appreciated, I would like to keep the airbox in place and go with a K&N filter with the lid removed but mainly am wondering if anyone has run this pipe with just the lid removed & the stock filter and re-jetted and then later added an aftermarket filter? It will probably be few weeks before my wife lets order anything else[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So I would like to jet it with the stock filter for now.

Old 03-26-2003, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Been there - done that. I have the E-series and ran the stock air filter for a while. I bought the dynajet kit and ended up with the needle in the 4th down(from top) position and a 155 main. Thats the biggest jet in the kit and is equil to a 142 mikuni. I just put the K&N on and found the need for a 150 mikuni. I haven't had a chance to take it out for a long ride yet so I may be a little rich. Any way it ripps now, you will love the difference. A word of caution, when you push the needle keeper back into the slide
(after you change the needle) don't push too hard or you will break the four tabs...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] 50 bucks for a new slide[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Once you get into it you will see what I mean. I wet the o-ring on the keeper before installation then push it in place. Go easy at first then pull lightly to see if it will stay. If not push a little harder the next time and repeat this until it stays in place. Its a funky arrangement.

Old 03-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks JSsDS, My pipe should be here friday and I would like to stop at my dealer and pick up a couple jets so I can test and tune, So I assume the dealer uses the mikuni #'s Ill pick up a 142 and one above and below it to start off, Thanks again for your help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]