Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

could use some help please......88lt250r

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could use some help please......88lt250r

anyone out there ever had a swing arm bolt siezed in place.i got the nut off then started to push it out and it wouldnt move so i went to the other side and run a gun on it and it wouldnt move. so i broke out the bigazzcheater pipe and gave her my all and it slowely started moving.i thought good now my trusty old air hammer will pound the damn thing out but she wont move outward yet.screw the bolt i buy a new one. but am i on the right track guys i sure could use some words of wisdome here cause the torch is my next step. thanks everybody.... motodog

Old 03-31-2003, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

When hitting it, did you use a regular hammer or did you use a 20lb maul? Use a maul if you didn't.
later
Superstar

Old 03-31-2003, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

The bolt should have a hole drilled through it. There you go, a pilot hole
Had to drill one out before, same model and year as yours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Like Elmer Fudd always said: BE VEWWY VEWWY CAWEFUL!

I've got an '85 Lt250, and that swingarm bolt had never been removed... what a pain in the butt!
If you just beat on it with a big hammer, you'll bend the frame tabs, ruin the bolt, and still never get it out! Mind you the bolt is around $50 from Suzuki!! (YES, been there done that!)

What is actually happening here is the spacers that are between the frame tab and the swingarm are actually siezed to the bolt. I used an air chisel directly on the spacer while pulling on the bolt with a large pair of pliers... this was enough force to break it loose... The outside of the spacer was a little chewed up, but a grinder dressed them up nicely.

Take your time, and you'll get it out without tearing things up.

Good luck!