Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

i cant decide!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i cant decide!

i get to buy my first quad after school is out in may-june. i can get any quad i want and i want to either get a 650 or a 500. ive been on some before and ive narrowed it down to two. ive been torn for weeks on which i should get.....a vinson 500 or a prairie 650. if anyone has owned one or both of these could you tell me a few things about them that you liked and didnt like. i posted this on the kawasaki board to get their view on things. thanks in advance

Old 04-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default i cant decide!

the kawi will out do the vinson overall, except for the ride

Old 04-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default i cant decide!

If you have that kind of cash, get the 650, but if you want to save some money for riding gear and what not....go for the Vinson....a superb machine for the price....

Old 04-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i cant decide!

I know I may be redundant, but I just want to make sure that you are old, big, and experienced enough to handle such big and powerful machines. The weight of these behemoths is unbelievable, so its something to take into consideration if you are somewhat small. It doesnt take much to ride in ideal conditions, but at high speed or rough terrain, a smaller rider will really get thrown around.

If you have lots of experience and know that you can handle such a quad, then go for it and have fun. Both are great machines. The Vinson is more of a sporty size and ride, but the prarie is faster and more capable.

Old 04-03-2003, 03:10 AM
Trailblazer
Default i cant decide!

quadchick, I bought vinson 5 speed a couple of weeks ago. The machine is awesome. It has a ton power. It handle and rides very nice. I know the 650 prairie is bigger and has more power, but how much power do you really need. I test drove a 650 last year I thought it was to big for me. I'm 5 9" and 175 pds. The vinson feels nice to ride. I think its a great machine. It was voted the best in the 500cc class. It you buy a vinson you like it.

Old 04-03-2003, 04:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default i cant decide!

Not to sound like the party pooper, but I just noticed something. Quadchick11 seems to be about 11 years old. She probably doesnt weigh as much as 1/5 of the quads she is looking at. It might be a better idea for her to start off with something in the 300-400cc range or smaller, given her age and size. I know that people can ride machines much bigger than they are. My 6 year old sister can ride the 350 rancher es around our ranch. But that doesnt mean she should be let loose on it. Regardless of skill, the sheer dynamics of such a young, small child on such a huge and very powerful machine is enough to worry any sensible parent. Perhaps you should talk with your parents and ride a few of these quads before you decide exactly what you want to get.

Old 04-03-2003, 05:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default i cant decide!

I see from her Bio that she is 16. Let's hope she has some experience or at least will start riding with some instruction and always wears a helmet. I see no reason for her not to start out on something like the Vinson. It is a fine machine, and has a sporty feel. The 650 Kawi might be a bit much. Depending on where she rides, I wonder if a sport quad is out of the picture. The lighter weight, lower center of gravity and better handling has a lot of appeal for new riders, and they look so cool. SO how about a Z-400?

Old 04-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default i cant decide!

youre right, fourlix, im not 11.....im going to be 17 in 2 months. i rode many of my friends quads on alot of trails before and i can handle them fine. im 5'8'' and weigh around 120lb. but i shouldnt be underestimated...i have torn up many of trails in my neighborhood. im not going to get a sport quad because sometimes i might help with a little of work on a friend of the familys farm out in the country. thanks for the input on your vinson, ironrider. my friend just bought one too and he loved it also. yesterday i got to go out on it and it feels great. i think im going to go with the vinson 500.

Old 04-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default i cant decide!

Not trying to underestimate you quadchick, just didnt want to send someone out on a quad they shouldnt be on. Please dont take my concern as an insult. The vinson is a very nice machine, and I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Old 04-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default i cant decide!

thanks, i didnt mean to sound mean about it though. sorry if i sounded like it

Quick Reply: i cant decide!