Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default working the salesman/sales

i need some pointers

how far can you work them?
what can you get out of them?
one guy was telling me that get them to through in ext. warr.,gloves,helmet.......

i tryed and the salesman showed me the door......

Old 04-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default working the salesman/sales

Sales people are like politicians. You go with the lesser of evils. Price around alot and get the best price and then price around some more. Just because you don't buy the quad at the local dealer doesn't mean you can't take it there for warranty service. Some people think they better buy it for more at the local dealer because they might have to take it back for service. Dealers will take money from anyone and warranty should cover problems at any dealer. (for the same make of atv)
The amount that they can lower the price depends on a few things. How much do they pay for the machine? Any rebate offers? Are sales down for that machine? Any competition in area? Are you paying cash? If you finance through a dealer, they might go down on original price and then get you on interest. I try to learn as much as possible about the item I'm going to buy.Then I talk to sales people at several dealers. I already know the "truth" from my research so I see which sales people try to bu775hit me the most. If the more honest sales person gave you the best price then great. The little lies say so much about the sales person and how they might be trying to influence your decision. Sometimes they offer products from the store as a kind of rebate offer but not always. If the deal is almost closed and your acting a little iffy then they might throw in something extra to get you to bite. Just ask them the best price they can give you. Then go and ask someone else and so on. You'll be able to tell if they will deal with you instead of showing you the door. Later take the prices back that you had the sales people write down for you on their card. Say this place will give it to me for this price. If they are willing to work with you then they will adjust the price.