Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Saw new Gas Gas 450 4 stroke today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw new Gas Gas 450 4 stroke today...

LVOZARK- Well I live in the northwest part of Vegas, and me and my buddies like to ride straight from my house all the way to Mount Charleston. It is about a 4 hour trip and the trails are great. Last time we went up we made it all the way to the snow (something rare for a Vegas boy)!! We also go to the end of Jones sometimes, but when we go riding, its usually to Armagosa dunes, about 100 miles north of vegas. Great place and never crowded!

Old 04-17-2003, 02:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

bulldogz, i gotta try the trail to mt. chuck, how do i get to it. i live at trop and durango. thanks

Old 04-17-2003, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bulldogz400
dual-sporter- You might be right that it's not the first on the west coast, thats just what the guy told me.
dealers will say anything to get you to bite, won't they... them saying it's the first one would make me think that i'm an experiment for them.... and they want me to pay for it!

duneaddict- i agree that it's about time someone had the gonads to build what many of us want.... the 300 is kick start. they both come 52" wide in stock trim (about 6-8" wider than your average sport quad) the suspension is fully adjustable, chromoly frame, detachable subframe, anti vibe bar mounts, pro-design kill switch, pro-peg nerfs, has a speedo/computer, and for those who really want to do it... a horn, and you can add turn signals( it's wired for them)! rumor has it they will make them in a narrower 48 width as well for next year to help those who ride woods...

Old 04-17-2003, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider

Here is a link to GasGas page on the quads. GasGas

Go to the quad link on the left side. They now have the service manual and parts list at the bottom that you can download.

I just noticed they have added a 50cc mini quad and an early 04 model (maybe).

Old 04-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Wow dual-sporter! You're getting me excited!
I just might have to drop some coin and get me one.... I didn't ever think someone would grow a pair and build another 2-stroker.... sounds pretty good!

Thanks for the info!

Old 04-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Duneaddict

I've had my GasGas 300 since Nov 11 2002. I got one of the pre-production models. I've been racing mine at the GNCC's this year. The quad is awesome you'll have to go check one out. I don't know how close you are to Silt, Colorado, but one of the bigest GasGas dealers is located there. Here is their link Euro Dirt

When I started looking seriously at the quads 1 1/2 years ago I call them and talk to Daryl Back.

I have experienced some overheating issues as stated in other post and there are other steering issues that are currently being worked out, but other than that this quad has the potental (sp) to replace the 250r.

Old 04-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LVOZARK
bulldogz, i gotta try the trail to mt. chuck, how do i get to it. i live at trop and durango. thanks
Well we usually ride straight from my house and we take Lone Mountain all the way to Power line road (truck road) and then there are many different trails from there that will take you to redrock, mount charleston, etc. We haven't even tried every trail yet!

Old 04-18-2003, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lt250r91
Duneaddict

I've had my GasGas 300 since Nov 11 2002. I got one of the pre-production models. I've been racing mine at the GNCC's this year. The quad is awesome you'll have to go check one out. I don't know how close you are to Silt, Colorado, but one of the bigest GasGas dealers is located there. Here is their link Euro Dirt

When I started looking seriously at the quads 1 1/2 years ago I call them and talk to Daryl Back.

I have experienced some overheating issues as stated in other post and there are other steering issues that are currently being worked out, but other than that this quad has the potental (sp) to replace the 250r.
Whaaaahoooo! I'm really pumped! Great to hear that someones actually got their hands on one!
I looked at the gas gas site, and couldn't even find a picture of the 300.. I'm not really close to silt, but not that far either... I can tell this is gunna hurt the wallet! (Better buy one before the enviro-****'s make it so I can't!)
Glad to hear you like it so far! I won't MX (Too fat/old now) with it, but with that kind of HP output, it will be a great duner also!..

Thanks for the info!!!

Old 04-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

GT thunder Dyno mine at 42.7 hp to the rear wheels. For the actual dyno sheet check out www.gtthunder.com

As for a dune machine. I've heard that someone has already been riding one in the dunes. I've been told he took it off the showroom floor put a flag and paddles on the rear and went out and was beating up on some pretty impressive dune machines.

Old 04-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lt250r91

As for a dune machine. I've heard that someone has already been riding one in the dunes. I've been told he took it off the showroom floor put a flag and paddles on the rear and went out and was beating up on some pretty impressive dune machines.
that's what my plan is!

the question now is: extreme grip or haulers, and how many paddles to make it hook?

Quick Reply: Saw new Gas Gas 450 4 stroke today...