Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GUY!!! ALL ATV RIDERS MUST READ

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GUY!!! ALL ATV RIDERS MUST READ

I agree with you completely, i would never ride over someones property who i didn't know without getting permission from them first. I guess i probably should have read the whole entire article before i posted something about it but from what i did read about the atv's it did seem that he spoke very negatively of them. I agree with you about at least being armed if someone is on your property. I know for example that one time i was riding a trail and me and my friend stopped and got off our atv's to see where the trail continued. We looked and found that the landowner had placed a log across it and a pile of brush as well. We were going to find away around it because we didnt even think the trail was on his property. However, I turned to look towards his barn and he was standing right there with a shotgun in his hand. That was enough to tell me to leave so i think that being armed is a great deterrent, as long as the land owners dont overuse this responsibility and fire at the people even if they did not threaten him.

Old 04-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sometimes I think that there should be different laws for different areas of the states. If there are people running quads on city streets and a law is passed to stop them. That law effects the person in the tiny town that might drive on a dirt road once every couple months. The same dirt road that a car might pass once or twice a day. There are some problems with tresspassing throughout a state but alot more severe in certain areas. In some areas it doesn't require laws to be passed because people do respect others while in some areas people are out of control.

Old 04-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well if ATV's are so bad at destroying land and hurting people, it sounds like they need to take cars away from people. The only reason they make such a big stink about ATVs "injuring people" is because it doesn't happen that often. People have accidents in cars so often you don't even know it anymore unless it's one of your family members or if you're in traffic on the freeway where it happened, and even then you don't think about it much. And if somebody is riding around on my place and I can't tell they've been there after they've left, thats just fine. But if you catch somebody ripping up your property, you should have the right to do whatever the heck is necessary to get them to leave.

Old 04-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

Eigerman17, check your PM

Old 04-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

vforcer grow some cahunas!
your the reason some states cant buy AK's etc etc anymore.. you all willing to just walk away and say dont worry about it. then comes a law saying we cant buy assault weapons because people like you walk away.
same with ATV's they close one place to ride and a bunch of you will go so what i will ride here..then they close that one and you say so what i will ride here. WHEN DOES IT STOP?
when there is no place to ride anymore or they stop selling ATV's and guns thats when!

Old 04-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: evhwg
vforcer grow some cahunas!
your the reason some states cant buy AK's etc etc anymore.. you all willing to just walk away and say dont worry about it. then comes a law saying we cant buy assault weapons because people like you walk away.
same with ATV's they close one place to ride and a bunch of you will go so what i will ride here..then they close that one and you say so what i will ride here. WHEN DOES IT STOP?
when there is no place to ride anymore or they stop selling ATV's and guns thats when!
I don't know what the he!! you are talking about ??????????? You must be responding to someone else ???

Old 04-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Eigerman has learned a valuable lesson, as as all of you.

Eigerman needs to read the whole article. How does the sole of your shoe taste.

To the sheep who responded to Eigerman, without reading the full article. Andf most of you are adults! You got played

RoostKing...

Old 04-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

UUUmmm... what are you saying RoostKing. Played? Are you talking about the private property and land owner issues? Because this guy is no joke. I have read many an E-mail from this guy about the land issue and atv's and believe me ,he is one strange,psycho, lawyer wannabe type. A little crazy to say the least.

Old 04-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

just send the guy to the alaskan wilderness and see what he thinks about gun control, he might want to ride a quad also

Old 04-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Range Rover

What makes this country great is that we have the right to express your ideas, and to scream what we believe at the top of our lungs. This right however, comes with the responsibility of being able to listen to the person with the opposite idea, scream at the top of his/her lungs, without responding irresponsibly.
I strongly disagree with gun control, and I don't believe that ATV's should controlled. ATV riders must respect the environment and private property if they want the government to stay out of it.
unfortunately, in this wonderful country of ours, it is often the vocal minority, not the majority who wins. As they say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". Some of these wackos have nothing better to do than create chaos.
Eigerman17 I am happy to see you expressing your beliefs so passionately, more people should. But, don't let one person rent soo much space in your head. If you feel strongly about something, express you ideas in a positive manner. Don't get into a pissing contest with a wacko with a computer.
As far as deterring trespassers with firearms, BE REAL! I shoot competitively and own several guns. But shooting someone for being "out of bounds" is ridiculous. Most of my belongings are insured, and replaceable. My family and my life are not. I have no problem with using a firearm to protect them. But to keep someone from riding on my property? There are other ways to handle that.

Quick Reply: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GUY!!! ALL ATV RIDERS MUST READ