Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadmaster Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2000, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering if anyone else has or is experiencing a similiar problem as I am or if you might know what's going on???

My quadmaster has 115 miles on it. At 80 miles, after riding for about two hours it starting spitting and coughing and stalled out. I had a heck of a time getting it going but after about 5 minutes I got it running and it was fine.

I decided to have my quad checked out as it was about time for the first check-up anyway. The dealer said they found some gung in the bottom of the carburetor and that is most likely what caused my problem. They asked if I had used gas from an old gas can and I did. I use a plastic can but I've never washed it out. I didn't realize I had two.

This weekend I went for a good long ride. After several hours of riding the same problem occured. This time however I really had a tough time getting my quad started and running. At one point I actually gave up and had my brother-in-law tow me. After a couple of miles of towing our cable broke. I decided to try and start my quad again. Finally I got it going and ran it at half choke with the peddle to the metal and my quad finally came out of it. The rest of the way home my quad ran perfect. It's now at the dealers.

I should also mention that several times I did get the my quad going. It back fired like mad and would go for a couple of minutes and then stall out. This hapen at least 15 times before we gave up and towed it.

Any thoughts??? I had about a half a tank of gas maybe a little more. Thanks

Old 05-01-2000, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Wow! Sounds like the carb still had problems even after the dealer. Let us know how it turns out.
Chuck
Suzuki King Quad 300, '99.

Old 05-01-2000, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

I talked with the dealer today and they went over it with a fine tooth comb and found nothing. They said they adjusted the carburetor just in case that was it, but found nothing wrong.

I told them to keep it and drive it around a bit to see if it acts up on them.

The trails I am riding are all slow riding. Do you think it's getting carboned up??? I can't imagine that could be it.

I must say, this being my first quad and after month of research on which one to get I feeling pretty damn disappointed. At this point I don't darn to take it out by myself due to the fear of getting stranded.

Old 05-01-2000, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

Iwould also like to know how things went sounds like water to me

Old 05-01-2000, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

I just got my self a 2000 a mounth ago a runner not master it works great i run only high test gas . I would like to know are you having any trouble with your fenders i broke both front pieces on back fenders 125 a piece bought a set of fender protectors . my front fenders keep comming apart.

Old 05-01-2000, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer
Old 05-01-2000, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

TomSuzuki...I've had no problems with my fenders. I went through some really tough scrubs this weekend that were really slapping my fenders hard and had no problems.

Old 05-02-2000, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

i had the same problem with my 99 quadrunner it was the fuel switch not letting the fuel flow. if it does this again try turning the switch to pri. the switch has a diaphragm which keeps the fuel from flowing unless the engine is running. i now have a 2000 quadmaster and it done this one time also. both machines done this with around a half tank or less.

Old 05-03-2000, 07:03 AM
Trailblazer

Demo...I am glad to see someone else is having this problem.

What is the fix??? A new fuel switch??? What exactly happens??? Does the switch get stuck and not let any fuel into the carb??? How about turning the switch to RES this work also???

Once you turned the switch to PRI does your quad start right--up and run fine??? And then what do you do with the fuel switch once it's running??? Turn it back to ON???

Each time this happened I also had a half tank of gas or less.
Much thanks

Old 05-03-2000, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Tom, what exactly is the situation when your fenders are breaking? Are you in cold weather, do you store your quad in close confined areas, or are there some chemicals where the quad is stored or used? Not saying those are the problems but hoping to get you to look at some ideas that could be causing the problem. See what you can come up with and post again.
Good luck,
Chuck

Quick Reply: Quadmaster Troubles