Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

how do i remove the bearing housing from gear case on 2002 kawasaki lakota

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i remove the bearing housing from gear case on 2002 kawasaki lakota

well i finally got the gear case cover off...the sprocket nut buzzed off with an cordless impact gun. but anywho...i got the cover off and i can replace it, but theres a new problem. in the middle there was a silver round metal piece called the bearing housing for the gear case i guess with 5 lil bolts in it. i took them out cuz the gasket for tthe cover goes behind this part, so im assuming i gotta take it out, but i removed the bolts and this thing dont wanna come out. any suggestions anybody??? and i took pictures of this part, and highlighted a few things

Name:  housing1.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  33.5 KB

ok in this image, i have the front sprocket and the transmission cover off. the red dots represent where the 5 bolts are for this "bearing housing". the red circle is the bearing housing. the blue circle is a "screw"??? thats inside of the "bearing housing". supposedly this screw comes out of the housing but i dunno how. theres no way unless you get the housing off, which even tho i have the 5 bolts removed it only wants to come out about 1/8 of an inch and stops, but it spins both directions freely. which i have pointed out below. and the blue outline below is the shape of the inside of this "screw" its like a hex but its is really tight between that and the shaft. im thinkin you have to use a 2 jaw puller of some sort to maybe pull the housing out.

Name:  bearinghousing2.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  35.4 KB