Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

08' 250cc Phoenix 4Spd w/reverse

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08' 250cc Phoenix 4Spd w/reverse

i Just got 250 phoenix maybe u can help me.. for some reason when i get it started and i put it in 1st then i start to release the clutch i start to move a little, the it jumps forward the dies out this is my 1st atv and could use some help since for some reason the atv does not come with a owners manual, so am up in the dark.. i turned on the fuel underneath the tank , now al told me"the dealer" theres another one near the carb which if there is i don't see it. i need a new battery but thats not the problem when i get it started, just cant get it to move .. any help would be great.. thanks

Old 03-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer

try giving it a little more gas when you start your probably boggin it down just like a car whith a clutch i'm assuming you did not buy it new and that it was shown to work before you got it

Old 03-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

yes i did, i got it from a dealer via web. i mean it runs well, minus the battery which i need to replace, but once it starts its fine... i have given it gas upon releasing the clutch, i am wondering if the mix is not right , to me it seems that there more air the gas now the carb is made by TAO TAO and on the front is a screw which is were little hands can go, which i believe thats the screw for the mix

Old 03-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

well if the skrew youre talking about is the one im thnking it shoulde be the idle air speed mixture and affects idle what makes you think its the air mixture . if you can rev it whith no problem then i whould say its probably not the mix i would consider somthing physicaly stoping rotation can you rotate thru all the gears and ingage and disingage the clutch with the engine off

Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

well good news i figured out what i was doing wrong when i would put it in gear i would normally release the clutch slowly and just give it a little gas to go... what i found out and was told to do is when i release the clutch slowly i will start to move when thats happening give it gas and slowly let the clutch out and more gas, i did that and it worked great. now my problem is that i bought a new battery started right out once i put it in. shut it down then tried to restart it then the started just bogged when trying to start even the tail light and neutral light flikered when i press the starter button, so my guess is that the starter is bad or theres a loose connection which i have not started to look as of yet .... thanks for ur guys help in this matter
ray