Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

How to clean the carb on a Can-Am

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008 | 04:41 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default How to clean the carb on a Can-Am

have a DS70 that is a couple of months old and won't start. So I have

- Replace the spark plug

I have also taken the carb off of the vehicle and blown compress air through what looks to be to be the jets. Air is passing fine through them.

I called the Can-Am dealer and they told me that most likely it would not be convered by warranty and that it would be 2-3 weeks before they could look at it and it would cost $150.. I am trying to fix it for my sons birthday this Saturday. They told me that I had to completely disassemble the carb and take the jets out and clean them. Which seems to me to be unnessary.

I am completely new to this but it would seem to me that completely taking the jets out would not be necessary.

Can someone give me some tips how to clean the carb? Do you think I really need to take the jets out? They also suggested that I buy some high powered carb clearn and blast it through. I will go up to the store and buy some.

I have not put the carb back on and see if it now runs. I wanted to first see if there is anything else I should do.

Taking the carb off was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Thanks so much in advance for any help.