Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

Police Strobe LED's.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police Strobe LED's.....

I tend to watch a bit of wheelin video's on Youtube, and I've been seeing alot of quads outfitted with LED's to resemble what might be found on a police quad. I was wondeirng where everyone is getting them from and what brand name they have? I've done searches on yahoo for Police led's and can't really find anything that really resembles what they have. Has anyone used or seen someone with these?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

I am an EMT and have my Expedition well lit up, you can either go LED, strobe, or both, but on an ATV I would suggest LED's. They are easier to wire up and use less power. As far as where to get them. If you do not have any emergency outfitting retailers you can search online by searching led lights. Galls is a good company for led's. You can easily tie up a few hundred dollas in lights they get expensive. On my truck I have about $800.00 in emergency lights.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

I was on the Galls website, looking at the LED's they had. I wasn't sure if any of them really looked like the ones I've been seeing or not. I was also wondering how everyone has been hooking them up. They have the LED's set to strobe, but alot of them also connect their main headlamps into the system so they stobe too. Just wondering if anyone here has what I'm talking about on their wheeler and if they could enlighten me on their methods..... thanx!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

LED's flash fast, but strobes are a totally differant type of lighting system. As far as the headlights they are probly using wig wags which is also seperate. To wire up LED's all you need is to hook them up to a power and ground if they have the switch built in them, but strobes need a control box since they run on high voltage. Hope this helps.