Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 02:33 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

I had the pendaliner in my 2000 Z-71 for 4 years before I sold it, There was no rust spots under the bed when I sold it. Also, I dropped a large log on the bed and smashed in the wheel wheel, after popping out the pendaliner, you couldn't tell the dent was there, unless you removed the liner. Don't think you can cover it up on a spray in liner. Anyways, if you get a drop in liner, don't get the type to go over the bed rails, (they tend to warp from the heat) use caps to protect the bed rails. I like Line X for spray in bed liners. While you do your research on which spray liner to use, also look at the type of job the shop doing the spraying does. My brother and friend both have the Line X, but the friends looks heck of a lot better and is thicker. Both were sprayed on new Ford beds at different dealers. JMHO

Old 05-05-2004, 03:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

I have LineX spray in bedliner. It is durable and lasts long. Its also custom paintable and looks good. I have it in my 02 silverado and it is great. They have coated a cinderblock in it and dropped it from 4 stories and it DIDNT break. I would reccomend using that.

Old 05-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Currently on my 1994 Ranger i have a bed mat in it. I tell my friends, a truck is a truck, let it get dented up. ha ha. I have been thinking about a spray on or roll on liner for a while for my rig. My trike runs just fine on the bed mat or just on the bed, so i dont know what I am going to do yet.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

I have been looking at the duplicolor stuff. it is alot cheaper and it seems like it is pretty good. they say it already has the UV stuff in it. I believe it is like 40 bucks a gallon and 90 bucks for a gallon and a paint gun applicator.

Old 12-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

My buddy got a Rhino Liner put in the bed of his tacoma and its the best for sure. nothing slides, its not hard on your knees or anything, spray is really the way to go. My dakota has a drop in plastic liner and they arent bad but in the end they arent as good for the bed. cause dirt and water gets under the bed and can cause rusting eventually.

Old 12-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

just to give you an idea of wht happens when you put in drop in liners. I have a 77 chevy 3/4 ton truck. it had a plastic bed liner in it when i bought it. i knew of the problems they hold so i pulled it out> there was rust holes in the bed and it was almost all gone. I just recently bought a used bed for it from a friend so that will fix the problem but i am going to put a real bed liner in it this time

Old 12-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

I did the duplicolor in my 2000 Ram, and liked it. It was on sale for $40 with the applicator kit(roller). I have a 98 GMC now and am contemplating taking the slide in liner out and doing the Duplicolor again. I think the Professional spray in ones are better but for $40 you can do it a couple of times over.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Originally posted by: SHOTGUN
Dbeck;

Wow, they're way out of line on price, they spray 8' pickup beds for around $500 and that goes up the side, up under the rail.

A 16' flat floor should be around half that price.

We sprayed an entire garage floor for not much more than that.

SykoQuadRider, I forgot to mention, if your buying a new truck, most Companies have a rebate deal set up with the makers. Ford has a $100 or $150 rebate if you Mega-line.
I realize this is an old thread, but couldn't resist the incredible math that was applied to this reply.

I spray liners for a living. I wouldn't touch that job for less than 2k. It will take at least two days to do properly. The amount of chemical being applied is more than twice as much that would be needed for an eight foot bed.

I can spray four bedliners in two days. Each liner averages about $400 each. That would be $1,600 worth of bedliners I could do in the amount of time it would take me to do that trailer. Not to mention I would be out much more masking supplies. There would need to be a primer coat put down due to the wood application.

I get quite amused at people that know more about a process than the people that actually do it.

Buck

Old 12-26-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

Originally posted by: dbeck
Jaybee,

Thanks. It won't work for me but might help someone else out. I have E-Track embedded into my floor. I really can only use some kind of roll-on, spray-on, etc protection. It needs to cover the sides of the wood on the ramp door, too.
We have a 24ft fiberglass trailer with E-track on the walls and floor but under the E-track is diamond plate and on the tailgate of the trailer too, it ends up looking extremely good but was a huge job.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRUCK BEDLINERS?

I spray liners for a living. I wouldn't touch that job for less than 2k. It will take at least two days to do properly. The amount of chemical being applied is more than twice as much that would be needed for an eight foot bed.

I can spray four bedliners in two days. Each liner averages about $400 each. That would be $1,600 worth of bedliners I could do in the amount of time it would take me to do that trailer. Not to mention I would be out much more masking supplies. There would need to be a primer coat put down due to the wood application.

I get quite amused at people that know more about a process than the people that actually do it.

Buck[/quote]

Buck....is guess if you would have read the entire post you would have seen where I posted that I an part owner of a spray bed liner business...not just work for one....It's call Mega liners of Maine...

We also charge 400 per bedliner that for a 8' bedliner sprayed floor and up the sides, but not the top rails. that extra.

I would have a hard time explaining to a customer why I had charged $1600.00 for spraying a 16 ft trailer, floor only. 16 x 8 = 128 sq ft. when we only charge $400.00 for a pickup body which would be an average 108 sq ft counting the sides, front, and tailgate.

We spray primer on everything, no extra cost there. can't picture why you would use more masking tape, and if we did what would you add $2.00.

Sorry but it wouldn't take two days to spray 128 sq ft. $800.00 max.

Quick Reply: TRUCK BEDLINERS?