Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

stay away from Progressive insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stay away from Progressive insurance

I recently switched our Lexus, ATV trailer, and 34ft 5th wheel over to Progressive. When our Camry, F350, and AC650 are due, they will go to Progressive also. Progressive was $1000 per year cheaper than my Am Family was for the same coverages. That' s for all 6 vehicles.

I did a lot of checking on Progressive, especially with folks with RVs as they usually have both the trailer and tow vehicle insured. Probably 9 out of 10 are positive about Progressive and these are folks who have had major claims.

I would agree a lot may have to do with the agent (as with any insurance) but I think there may be a bit to the story we haven't heard. Especially since he never responded with details as requested by Kushman.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:14 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I am a BIG State Farm guy, but its because of my agent. Insurance , as long as its not a fly by night company, Progressive, State Farm are not, is only as good as your agent. I know I could saave a few pennies by changing, but its not worth it.

You are all wrong, there are 3 sides to every story, your side, my side, and the truth. Rarely are they all the same story.

I got rearended by a Progressive covered , and while no accidents are ever easy to deal with, they only tried to screw me at first, once they realized I was wiser than that, they came correct. I have had the same situation with many insurances. You can't fault them for trying.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Trailblazer

Progressive was great to me.

Jan 1, 2005 I was out riding and hit a huge rock. Trashed the front end of my 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500. Radiator, A-arms, drive shaft, strut, cv joint, creased the frame...total mess. Called progressive that night and the next day the adjuster was there taking pictures. I took it to the dealer and the day after the I dropped it off the adjuster was there authorizing repairs and cut a check. $3400 in damages minus my $250 deductible. The dealer said they could probably fix the frame but the adjuster said to just replace it and make it "right".

They have my business.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

Thats a big rock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

been a while i just transferred all of my insurance on atv's, truck, trailers. i field a claim, i had an animal chew the wire harness near the underhood fuse block on my brand new chevey silverado. i field the claim with home owners insurance(who ive changed as well)they said it had to with vehicle insurance so i went to progressive. they in turn said i should go to home owners. i field the claim anyway with progressive. i carried full coverage, they denied me stating it didnt fit their definition of comprehensive. i read their policy, my agent read their policy and i was told it was going to be covered but no. all i got from them as an explanation was there determined that it wasnt covered end of story. they were interpreting their own policy. and before i was told it was denied i called them and the claim number was no longer valid. so they denied long before i was ever told. my policy word for word said "contact with an animal" no more no less. they said it had to be while i was moving. needless to say this went on and on with letters to them, to the state and anyone else who involved. so i kept them as my insurance carrier for a while so that i could give my agent a chance to work somthing out. but i had it when i got my bill for this year. the claim that was denied was actually added on by their point system like now i'm high risk or somthing. i have never had an accident, no tickets, nothing. so my inssurance actually went up just for filing a claim that was denied. for just my truck it was $2265 for the year. it is an 03 silverado xtended cab Z71. i changed to geico yesterday and my yearly rate was $1104. the wireharness to get fixed on my truck was $800 for the harness and $1200 for labor. the whole truck was rewired. i know that all insurance companies are a big scam and they all suck so i'm just looking for a low rate now i could care less of their service anymore. oh, and with geico i actually have upped my liability to double of the the state minimum. so for a better full policy i pay like a thousand less. i was a little annoyed when i first posted so i'm sure some of you have never had problems with progressive but i figured i would let everyone know.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

I have had great luck with progressive insurance .. last april I was visiting friends and a drunk driver totaled my truck while it was parked , progressive gave me a check the next day minimal questions asked.

The funny part is that I had it up for sale and was having no luck getting rid of it , progressive didn't even try to talk me down on the price I ended up making $1700 more than I was asking on it.

Old 01-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

see, what is wrong here. mt neighbor had the same thing happen. he had a car parked near the road, it was a piece of crap, smoked, backfired, no brakes, and someone came along in the middle of the night and basically totaled it. progressive was there in a couple of days ready to give him a check for 2500$. i cant even remember the last time it ran. the insurance adjuster stopped and asked what i thought the car was worth cause the owner wasnt home at the time. i told it wasnt worth anything cause it didnt run. i have a problem with a brand new truck and they dont want anything to do with it. ive about had it. cant stand my neighbor and felt like kicking the crap out of the progressive guy.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider

LOL i hear that so the moral of the story is... if you drive a piece of $hit-go with progressive! sorry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Pro Rider

well its not that my truck was a pile of crap or anything it was really nice , 99 silverado reg cab 2wd and everyone wants 4x4's and Suv's , it only had 49k miles on it.. just not a big seller in colorado.

I have both my quads and my 2 pwc's and my parents boat all insured through progressive and its still cheap as heck. I will swear by thier service they have been great to us. I totaled a $7,000 dollar car insured by American family and they barely wanted to give me a check for $1,800 and they refused to pay my wifes medical bills. where as my sister got into a collision while she was pregnant 3 years ago and her progressive agent still checks up on her and my nephew about twice a year to see if they still have any problems. They even send her a chrismas card every year.. To me thats great service.

I sure do hate to hear that your having so much trouble with them. I would call one of the progressive supervisors or managers and see if there is anything they can work out for you.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

no i meant the neighbor with the pos car not YOUR truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: stay away from Progressive insurance