Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

atv hitch hopper receiver hitch

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv hitch hopper receiver hitch

Hi Does anyone have any experience with these. I bought one for my Prairie and installed it. It seems it's designed to kind of angle downward with no weight on the seat. I guess this is to take into account the suspension. I'm 190 and after I sit on the quad it levels out some but still angles slightly downward. I'd like to know if anyone has had a similar experience when mounting a hitch.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Checkers,
How has that hitch hopper worked out for you? I am close to ordering one for my Polaris 500 Magnum. I wanted to reach the company first for some questions but can't find them through Google or 1-800 directory or anything. Any idea of where hitch hoppers are made or if it is made by another company? Thanks- JerryC

Old 08-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Jerry
Wow, its been a while since wrote that post. Like i said in the post i wasn't to crazy about it since after i mounted the hitch hopper it pointed downward a bit more then i think it should have. My main purpose for buying it was to use it in combo with an atv hitch haul rack for deer. when I put the rack on it tilted down way too much. since i ordered both items from cabelas it was too expensive to return them so i made a wedge about 18 inches long thats tappered from 2 1/2" to very thin and i added it to the hitch haul and it worked pretty good. the setup is useable now. would have loved to have tried it out on a deer but for the first time in many years i wasn't that lucky last year.
also i found a number for hitch hopper in one of these posts and tried calling it but when a person answered they told me the hicth hopper guy was out. never called me back. I remember asking the lady where i called and she said louisiana
hope this helps you.