Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Reccomended hauler?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004 | 01:36 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Reccomended hauler?

I would like some reccomendations for the cheapest haulers I can find.

I want one with living quarters, but will hold 2 small quads and 2 bikes. Combined quarters is ok, and probably the way to go.

It needs to be hitch towed, no 5th wheel. I got no pick-up, diesel Suburban is my puller. Smaller is definately better. Beds for 4 and a bathroom work for me, but the wifey wants air conditioning/heat too.

Old 08-22-2004 | 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

Well I haven't been looking for the cheapest toy hauler I can find, but I have been looking for a new toy hauler for the last year. Here are a few links I have found helpful:

Weekend Warrior
KZ Sportster
Sierra
Giant RV
Gear Box
Skyline RV
Desert Fox

After a year of looking, I have decided to try and purchase a Dune Chaser 37CK

Old 08-22-2004 | 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

OUterlimit....excellent choice w/ the DC. Nicest TH I've ever seen. We just picked up our 2005 Rampage fiver. As nice as I'd ever need. $30K is one thing, but $45K is another.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2004 | 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

We almost bought a Rampage ourselves, but decided to look at the Dune chaser first ...

That Dune Chaser is one plush toy hauler. I made the mistake of sitting on one of the leather fold down couches, and was surprised that it was more comfortable than my living room sofa at home, ... lots more comfortable. Then I started really looking at the Dune Chaser, and liked the light maple cabinets, diamond plate everywhere inside, and the aluminum frame construction. This one had every option, including dual air conditioners, slide out, a fully enclosed, insulated, and heated underbelly, outside pressure washer, and an air compresser, so it actually listed for $51K, but they have so much mark up that we can get it for $39K. It was really late saturday night when we told the dealer we would take it, so hopefully the bank wont tell us to take a hike, LOL.

Old 08-24-2004 | 12:20 PM
|
Pro Rider

Good info. I was hoping for some unknown that makes good stuff.... Sometimes ya get lucky.
But great links to peruse anyway. Thanks!

(Except the 5th wheel models. Can't pull those.)

Old 08-24-2004 | 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

I like my weekend warrior over anything..thats just me

Old 08-24-2004 | 02:44 PM
Range Rover

i do have weekend warrior FB 2600 and more then happy with this set up, but look on fun runners, if you want good quality and cheaper price.
rnuts

Old 08-25-2004 | 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

what about a nice, used motorhome towing a flatbed trailer? is that an option?

Old 08-26-2004 | 12:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

We started out with the Wonderer 21' TB, It was niceand esy to haul, had sleeping for 4, kitchen, Bath, a/c , heater and generator. It was great inexpensive and served us well. Would recommend this for anyone not needing a ton of room.

We this year picked up a GEarbox 300FS. We absolutely love this hauler. Plenty of room and all the gadgets you could ask for. If there is one downside to the Hauler is that it is heavy. We use an AValanche 2500 to pull it with, but it needs every bit of 8.1 power and the allison tranny.

Highly recommend the Gearbox.

Old 08-26-2004 | 01:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

We have a 23 foot weekend warrior. A burban should handle any of the superlight WW's. I like my trailer alot. I have used it 8 times in 7 months and haven't had any problems with it.

Quick Reply: Reccomended hauler?