Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Where to buy side load for 2 quads

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy side load for 2 quads

Thanks for the information. I'm starting to look, mainly to gather information, at this time. I think I'll be seriously pursuing the purchase of two 700 4 X 4s and a trailer to carry them sometime in early 2006.

jim

Old 02-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

i bought a loadrite trailer. it is a 3 place basically the same as the triton. looks the same drive on drive off, all aluminum, 5 1/4 pressure treated decking, loads 3 sideways. and the end safty bars or guards come off so you could use it for just about anything, aluminum gates/ramps. greaseable hubs , just need a greese gun and 15 seconds of your time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] paid 1700$ with spare tire and folding tongue jack. i do think the wiring could be better have had a couple of shorts i had to search out. but overall great trailer.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

How do aluminum trailers hold up? I live in Northern Nevada and while the majority of miles I'd put on a trailer would be on paved roads, the last 1/4 to 50 miles could be over dirt roads that range from well-maintained to pot-hole heaven. A friend of mine had an aluminum trailer and had problems with welds breaking as he drove over rough roads. That was 10-15 years ago and may have just been a problem with that manufacturer or even that specific trailer. Ever since though, I've always assumed aluminum wasn't good trailer material. Any long-term, high-mileage users out there?

jim

Old 03-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SnoGirl, great trailer. We looked a lot at trailers and bought the SL8 too. With the torsion suspension these trailers tow and ride like a million bucks. It is a lot smoother than our leaf sprung trailer. Never neads paint, won't rust, sealed wiring harness with no splices, and it only weights 300 pounds.

Get some Thompson wood sealer and treat the marine grade plywood once a year. When you grease the wheel bearings, lift one wheel off the ground and rotate it as you put grease in the zerk on the out side until grease comes out the back side of the hub. Great set up, greases both inner and outer wheel bearings. I would grease them before you use it and would grease the wheel bearings a couple times a year depending on how much you use it. I cant remember if the tires max air pressure is 50 or 55 psi, but I would keep the aired to their max rating hauling your two ATVs.

The SL8 is rated to carry 1550 pounds, I believe your ATVs weigh 765 lbs each dry, so probably 800 lbs or better gassed and ready to go. I am sure the SL8 will carry them no problem but just thought you should know.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the info. Good stuff to know (new at most of this). I knew the load capacity and weight of my quads, but I talked to a few people and they said it should hold, no problem, so I went for it. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

There are very few Triton dealers within several hundred miles of Salt Lake. The first three told me I didn't want a Triton trailer because they cost too much. None of those dealers even stocked them and told me to order on would take anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks to get one. They really wanted my business bad.

The last dealer I called said he had never sold a Triton ATV trailer but had sold several Triton snowmobile trailers. It took him 8 days to have one here for me, assembled and ready to go. I paid a ton for it, full retail, $1500 with spare and tongue jack with a wheel. I will have it for a very long time.

Weight was my biggest concern. We have two ATVs that only weigh 1200 lbs combined and with the trailer weighing only 300 pounds, that makes only 1500 pounds. We tow them with our Jeep Grand Cherokee with a V-8, what a pig. At 70 mph, it drops out of overdrive just to go over overpasses, should have kept the Bronco.

Riding season is upon us, enjoy.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer

Specta,

Where is the dealership you purchased your trailer from?

Old 03-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Darthlarryboy

We bought it at Weller Recreation, 2972 N 900 E, Kamas, UT 84036
(435) 783-4718

I delt with Rich Weller, a very nice gentleman. He followed up on every question I had, returned every phone call and everything was taken care of just as he promised. He told me 8 days for delivery. When we pulled up at Wellers 8 days after we ordered it and there it was sitting out front all ready to go.

Our Triton SL8 is a great product and Rich Weller is the right person to spend money with.

He also has Triton trailers he rents out with his snowmobiles so he has personal experience with Triton products.

I originally called Big Boys Toys in Ogden. I called them and then drove all the way up there to have their salesman tell me they didn't stock and Triton trailers but asked if I wanted to see what they had, 100 miles round trip. No! I dodn't want to see your other trailers.

The scond was Mountain High Motorsports on Redwood Road in W. Jordan. After a short conversation with their salesman I wouldn't give them the time of day. "You don't want a Triton Trailer, they are too expensive and it would take 8-10 weeks to get one any way".

Salesmen impress me. They always seem to know what I want more than I do, what a talent.

Old 03-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

SnoGirl, did you get a quote on a new trailer? Who was the dealer you bought yours from. I'm about 40 miles west of boston and they want your first born around here. Bottom line 1800 for just the trailer. Makes me sick. Any help will be apprieciated.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

NeverSatisfied,

We bought ours remember "used" at Trailer King, Route 55/18 Manchester Circle, Poughkeepsie, NY. Phone number is 845-454-7500. They had also said they could order them. I think they were $1300 new. I believe they also carried Thule.
Griffins in Schenectady, NY also had them, but I refuse to buy from them. Very poor customer service and very rude owner. It was worth the drive to me, to deal with a professional company. They also registered it there for me (with a fee of course), but it was nice to get it registered and drive away legal. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Where to buy side load for 2 quads