Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Trailer floor coverings....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trialer floor coverings....

I'm looking around trying to find something that I can put on the floor of my enclosed trailer to help protect the flooring and also looks good. I've looked a little into something like Rhino truck bed spray liners and thier competitors. So if any of you have done something like this or have an idea I would like to hear about it.

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!
Default Trailer floor coverings....

I just went to LOWES and got some left over scrape vinal floor covering. Looks ok but it protects the wood and was cheap.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

line x is a good product as well

Old 03-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

learnenem- How does the Tahoe pull your toybox? How much does it weight when fully loaded?

Also why I'm asking-where in the world did you find an understanding wife?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

On my 7x14 enclosed trailer I installed the self adhesive vinyl floor tiles. They are 1 foot square tiles, I alternated black and white tiles for the checkered look. Installation was easy, did a light sanding, painted on this primer stuff made for adhesive tiles when used on porous surfaces such as plywood. You simply peel the backing off the tile and press it in place.

I have had this floor for over a year now. Some tiles have lifted up and sand has gotten under some. Gas that has leaked from the quads while trailers has caused some of the tiles edges to curl up. Some tiles have shifted slightly, while others have lifted up completely.

I am going to remove all the floor tiles and install a non slip rubberized epoxy similar to the pick up truck bed liner products. I'll let you know how it turns out

Non Slip Coating

Old 03-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

I put short nap marine carpet in my 7x16. It has a waterproof backing to protect the wood and it's cheap enough that I can replace it when it gets nasty. It was only $50 for enough carpet to do the whole trailer. For the ramp, I'm going to use a non-skid paint when the weather breaks.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

I will be writing an article this spring about how to apply Herculiner to your trailer floor. It's less expensive than Rhino lining and you can install it yourself, at home, in a weekend.

Its been on the floor of the ATV Connection trailer for an entire summer and the stuff is tough as nails. What is really slick is I can raise the tongue jack until the floor is sloped and then spray the inside of the trailer with a hose to clean it!

I highly recommedn the Herculiner do-it-yourself solution!

ATV Connection Trailer Floor

Old 03-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

dbeck , do you wax that thing? I have never see the inside of a trailer look so nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Fake,

No, no waxing! This trailer is actually built by the amish in Indiana. The workmanship is immaculate and the attention to detail is superb. Its made by www.aluminumtrailer.com

Old 03-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

I trust that you are being serious... and I am now more envious than before[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Nothing like quality workmanship - IMHO. So any picts of the outside? My only issue is that I have a feeling that they would not approve of my choice of graphics [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

http://www.fakeracing.com/galleries/...e-Racing-Rides

Quick Reply: Trailer floor coverings....