Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Isn't there a Toy-hauler RV

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005 | 12:48 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Isn't there a Toy-hauler RV

Is there not a RV that has capacity for toys in the back W/ a drop down door or do you need to have a toy-hauler as well.

Old 03-08-2005 | 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, it's called the "fun mover" and from what I've seen is rather pricey. Go to www.cruiseamerica.com they rent them and sell them used. I don't recall who the mfg. is off hand, but you can figure it out from Cruise America.

Old 03-08-2005 | 04:52 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Fun Mover by Four Winds International

I've heard prices up to $300K for the 39C. It's a Class C Motorhome on a Ford F-750 Chassis with a 3126B Cat motor and Allison Automatic. 39'-11" long.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-08-2005 | 04:58 PM
|
Pro Rider

Holy crap!! I was just wondering....300K? even if I sold my house I couldn't afford that thing.......I'll go back to looking for a utility trailer....

Old 03-08-2005 | 06:01 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

That's what I *heard*. But they've gotta be a couple hundred. Those things are on some serious chassis. You're gonna pay a premium for that. But that's for the top of the line model. The small one (E-450 chassis) could get down into the sub $100K market.

RV's are HELLA expensive.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-08-2005 | 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

They are very nice. Just to note, I have seen them on Ebay for $55,000-70,000. But yes the top of the line one's are very pricey

Old 03-09-2005 | 03:36 PM
Quad Patrol

There was a local RV rental shop that had one. It was on a private lease and the owners were looking to sell it. They wanted $40,000 for it, IIRC. This was about 6 months ago. Don't remember what year it was, or how many miles were on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2005 | 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Fun Movers are a great idea, but do like I did and rent one for the weekend before commiting to a purchase. We rented a 31c and even though it was extremely easy to just roll the quads up in the back, raise the door, and fire it up and leave, riding down dirt roads are kinda annoying.

The problem is, unlike toyhaulers, everything is within earshot behind you. So going down dirt roads or rough roads, you get to hear every noise made behind you. Gear moving around, items in the cabinets clanking, just generally every noise you don't expect to hear, you do.

Don't get me wrong, the Fun Mover makes loading and moving everything easy. You don't have to deal with hooking up a trailer. Which brings me to my next point. At the races, we sometimes need to run into town for parts, pre-race dinners, etc. Its easier to unhook a trailer and take the truck than it is to pack up the Fun Mover and take it to town.

But its your call....for some that want to get things loaded up easy, squat at a camp for the weekend, and get the toys loaded back up without too much work, the Fun Movers great.

But for those of us that need the freedom to move around a lot at any given time during the weekend...its a little too much trouble.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005 | 12:43 AM
Range Rover

Those are Awesome!

It really depends who you are on weather you get an RV or Trailer though.. They both have their advantages/disadvantages... The trailer is harder to pack up and go... but you can leave it and take the truck for town making for much easier parking.. The RV is easier to pack up but it sucks to leave a camp ground or wherever after being all set up... awning down etc.. You just dont wanna keep packing/resetting up like that. So it really depends on your usages i guess, and personal preference. Maybe tow a car with the RV... Whatever.

Old 03-18-2005 | 04:05 AM
Quad Patrol

Scoundrel, Here you go. I think this is exactly what you were looking for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

fun mover

Quick Reply: Isn't there a Toy-hauler RV