Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Northern Utility & Equipment ATV trailer SPORTSTAR II Who has one? UPDATE 5/30

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern Utility & Equipment ATV trailer SPORTSTAR II Who has one?

I think your out of luck getting one shipped to a store, it's factory direct ship only. Northern Tool is just the middleman selling the trailers, they would have to pay to have it shipped to their store so you would have to pay more than the advertised price. It doesn't look like a bad trailer but I wouldn't buy it without looking at it either.

I have a Triton aluminum ATV88 waiting for my dealer to pick it up from the area distributor. I have some upgrades include in the price of 1300.00 otd. This trailer is the same size as the Northern, loads from sides or rear with a self storing under the trailer ramp. It's higher in price but you pretty much get what you pay for.....

Old 05-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I figured this trailer is manufactured by someone else other than Sport star or what ever was on it. That ATV88 trailer is awsome. That is what I really want.

I did numerous searches on the name. I have found it listed $50 less than NOrthern. But it was some off the wall online store. It didn;'t have any contact info or anything. Needless to say I didn't go for it. It was listed under the same name at the other stores. Some online stores link to Northern.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Northern may have contracted with a manufacturer to build it for them so you may not find the same thing anywhere else. If I run across any info I'll get back to you....

Old 05-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Range Rover

The Northern Store in Knoxville has some trailers in stock. I am guessing it depends on the store and the area that it is in as to whether they stock any. Have seem most on the smaller ones, but believe they had one 2 place one out in their back yard area.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

The person at the store really isn't pulling your leg about it being a security issue giving out your credit card info over the phone, but I haven't heard of too many other places refusing to do it. They would have no way of verifying who you are and also phone conversations are not very secure so it would be easy for somebody else to also obtain your credit card info and use it.

My family has dealt with Northern quit a few times, and everything we have bought so far seems to be very good quality.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

I would think it is my problem, if I decide to give my info on the phone. I understand that they need proof that I am who I say I am. However when I go to pick it up I could give them that.

It doesn't really matter anyway. It seems that this item is a MAIL order only. The stores "can't" get it from what I have learned. It is a non stocked mail/internet/phone order only. Which brings me to the next thing. I can buy it over the phone and sent to my house. But, I can't buy it from the store and have it shipped there if they even offered it.

Not to knock on any of Northern's stuff. But I know for a fact that the $199 trailers they sell are very cheep. However you can't expect much for that price. You have bolts holding it together. This also conserns me with the ATV trailer. Does it bolt together also. I would hope the whole thing is welded. But, you don't know because you can't see it. And it seems that nobody owns one to even offer an opinion.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

my pic,,,#15 is a harborfreight trailer

i was way happy for $500

sold it 2 years later for $400

sturdy trailer,,,happy customer

Old 05-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Bing
Did you get the sportstarII? If you did does it have a five lug wheel? Did you buy the spare tire from them? I called them and really did not have any info on weather it was 4 or 5 lug wheel.

Old 05-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

The picture looks like 5 lug.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Ryan, I finally got my Triton ATV88 trailer yesterday, this is a nice unit. You should think about one if your still looking.....

Quick Reply: Northern Utility & Equipment ATV trailer SPORTSTAR II Who has one? UPDATE 5/30