Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Northern Utility & Equipment ATV trailer SPORTSTAR II Who has one? UPDATE 5/30

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern Utility & Equipment ATV trailer SPORTSTAR II Who has one?

I have narrowed down the trailer I would like to have. However, The nearest Northern Equipment distributor is like 2 hrs away and they don't carry this trailer in stock anyway.......So I would like to know who has/has seen this trailer in person? Please. I can't justify buying it sight unseen. Here is a link.

jpg Picture 1
Picture with sportsman and scrammy

Old 04-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

someone has to of seen one or knows somebody with one?

Old 04-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

I am really scared to purchace it out of the catalog without seeing it first hand.

Is it sturdy? twistable like some others?

Does it feel and look like a real trailer?

I know the questions sound a little funny, but not all trailers are created equal. Mostly you can look at it and tell.

I live in MD and the closest Northern Equip. store is in VA. I called 1 or the 2 stores to see if they had them. They had to be ordered. They also said they had to be paid for before ordering. I told them that I would probably get 2 of them. She also said that I couldn't give a credit card # over the phone. SOme kind of security issues they have. I then explained to the person that it was cheeper for me to order it through them, and pick it up and I wouldn't have shipping charges of $80 a pop. She still said I needed to come down there in person to pay before they order. I then told them it was a waist of time to drive 2 2.5 hrs to the store and back 2x to pay and pick up the trailer.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

ryankmiller,

Regarding the credit card purchase what you are running into is a difficult person in the store. If they don't want to handle it over the phone then you can handle it by faxing them your credit card information. Just arrenge it with the store and let them know you'll fax them the info if they are worried about security. This provides them with the signature that they need and proof that you have the card. Your best bet is to first try and talk with the store manager and work it out. If that doesn't work, then call their corporate office and tell them what you are running into. They want your business and they will solve your problem for you. Don't depend on some clerk in a store.

If the company you're speaking about is northern tool, you also have the ability to purchase online and most of the time they will ship the item right to your home. If they have limits on the larger items, you should still be able to purchase online and then pick the item up at the store. No need for those extra driving trips!

As for wanting feedback about the trailer you'll do better to wait until someone who has bought one responds to your posts. Then you'll get an unbiased opinion.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

I have been searching the net all over looking for anyone that has this trailer. I can't believe nobody has one. It looks like a good trailer and the price is reasonable.

As for ordering online. That was an option. However they wand $169.22 to ship it to me. I figured for that price I am willing to travle a little way to pick it up.

I did deal with some sales person on the phone, they talked to the manager and they were not willing to help me.

I called another store and the person on the phone said it was a warehouse item only and it couldn't be shipped to their store. It is shipped to your house and only ordered online.

I thought about building my own trailer. I have a decient boat trailer as a doner. The only things good on it is the tongue, and the axle, rims, springs, hangers. Basically I need to build a complete frame. I looked at tubed steel 1x3 and it was $60 for 28'

Old 04-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Was something wrong with my post? I got deleated.......and so did some others.

I know the first person who responded got deleated for neglecting forum rules. I didn't think I did.

Old 04-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Ryan,

I just cleaned up the thread a bit. I deleted my messages to you, too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2005, 07:16 AM
Pro Rider

no problem. I was just wondering if I posted something wrong....

Old 05-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

any new information regarding the Sportstar II ATV Trailer?
I am still looking to get a trailer for 2 Suzuki Z400's and this trailer sounds great.
Do they ONLY ship it from back east.
Is there a west coast dealer, etc.
I have checked everywhere online and seen no reviews, etc.
Anyone else know anything?

Brian

Old 05-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Still nothing. I have searched many many times. You can go on their site and see if their is a store near you. They ship nation wide I thnk....

Quick Reply: Northern Utility & Equipment ATV trailer SPORTSTAR II Who has one? UPDATE 5/30