Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

short bed? 2 quads

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short bed? 2 quads

I have a 04 chevy duramax i want to hall 2 quads in back of my bed it is a short bed is there any thing out there i can but to do this? some one told me theres ramps i put on my bed rails but that dont think that would be safe. if you got any info plese sure. thanks

Old 08-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

There are a few ATV racks out there to haul the quads. They usually sit in the bed and the platform is above the bed rails allowing storage under them. On here I've seen a few people with them. I believe confusedbuyer had one. Not sure when it was discussed, but these racks were discussed in the 7.3L PSD thread...yeah, it's big.

The other way is to haul them nose up. Though that isn't recommended for 4 strokes because of the oil leaking around. Fuel can be a problem with full tanks.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

I haul two in my shortbox, you can see the pics of my rack here My pics . You can contat hi-rise mfg as they build rear loaders and side loaders for short box trucks at Hi-rise site

Old 08-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

your pic want come up can you try to post agin thanks

Old 08-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: marksduramax
I have a 04 chevy duramax i want to hall 2 quads in back of my bed it is a short bed is there any thing out there i can but to do this? some one told me theres ramps i put on my bed rails but that dont think that would be safe. if you got any info plese sure. thanks
You could build one like I did... check out my pics... can haul 3 bikes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Nice machine Spring.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: springtuckyn
You could build one like I did... check out my pics... can haul 3 bikes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thats nice! how do you tie it to the truck? do you have any close up pic in the bed? about how much that cost to build?

Old 08-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: springtuckyn

Thats nice! how do you tie it to the truck? do you have any close up pic in the bed? about how much that cost to build?
Thanks Whitewater/Marksduramax,

Whitewater, which rig? he he...

Marksduramax, It is bolted to the bed in all for corners, with supports (coming) that will attach at the bed rails (boxing strength at each corner), I don't have the closeup pics, yet, but can get some soon. With the price of steel today (geeez!) more than I should... probably $800 ish in materials... The top rear rails retract down into the bed via 2000 LB winch, which also then lifts the bike up, allowing to load the EFI in the bed. I figure if I turn the bikes up top, I can get 3 or more up top if needed. It rides really good, doesn't pitch/sway/or flex... More feedback is appreciated, I like to know what folks think about the design...

Old 08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

you have to add an M in community for smokemans link to work

Old 08-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

Spring, very nice setup.

Quick Reply: short bed? 2 quads