Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

short bed? 2 quads

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short bed? 2 quads

I'll try that again

My Pics

That should work.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Smokeman
I'll try that again

My Pics

That should work.
That is a nice setup also. Is that made or bought?

Old 08-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

Mine is a home made unit.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

***Edited by ATV Connection Forum Moderator***

Old 08-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

Since (Dan) removed my post check under the the classifieds. I have been using the Ultimate atv rack.
Rear loading 2 quads in a short bed truck.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Range Rover

I built a rack for my truck as well. I have a short box truck and wanted to pull a camper and 2 machines on vacation so I desighned it and a freind fabbed it up for me. I have a few pics I will try to put in a gallery if I can figure out how. No closeups but a few general shots of it. I have them side buy side facing the same way as the truck. I wanted them to be accross the bed but there was not enough room to turn the camper all the way. We originaly had it so that they where across the bed and hanging over the tailgate like Smokeman. We tacked it together and tryed it hooked to the camper before finishing welding it and it did not clear so we cut it apart and turned it 90 deg so they are lenghtways now. Now I can back the camper into a tite spot and the bumper will hit the toung before the quads or the rack hit the camper. I have all the weight suported buy a frame down to the bed flore and then steaks that drop into the pockets and for additional stabalization. Then I use 2 large car rachet straps to hold the rack down. sometime I will get some better more detailed pis and put them here to see. The rack works awsome. I had 2 full size utility machines on it and drove around Colorado for a week threw all there rough bumpy back roads that are all washboarded up. I even took it up Pikes Peak with no problems. Forgot they where there.

I finaly got 1 pic up loaded and it is crappy. How in the world do you get them sized rite? I had to use paint shop or something like that to resize it down and buy time I got it small enough to fit the sites maximume size you cant even tell what you are looking at. Oh well If anyone has any ideas let me know. I am completely computer illiterate so keep it simple. I dont have any fancy picture programs on this thing. I bought it new and have never added anyhting that wasent on it so as far as I know Paint shop is as good as it gets on this computer.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Trailblazer

Brandon the hitch length on your camper must be less than mine as I can turn sharp and miss the camper. That is something I'll have to watch for if I swith campers!

Old 08-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Range Rover

If I remember corectly the hitch length was a little over 3 foot from the ball to the front of the campper. If I put them like you have them I could not turn very sharp at all. The rack stuck almost 2 feet past the tailgate. The camper was a rental. He had a few different campers and I made the rack so it would work with the one with the shortest toung. It had a plastic cap on the front that stuck out and made for clearence problems. Luckily I wound up with one that had no plastic air deflector cap on it so I had room to spare, and I needed it a few times backing at tight angles with off camber ground levels.

Here is a ling to a truck site with the same pic as is in my gallery that is big enough to see.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/p...cat=500&page=1

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/p...cat=500&page=1