Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

loading into bed of truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loading into bed of truck

I have a Nissan Titan Crew cab ( 4 door). We are about ready to get a 06' Brute force 650i. ( specs are a 50 inch wheel base and 86 overall lenght.

width wize it fits right in the bed. If I leave the tail gate down I will have enough room to have the entire bike over the floor/gate.

The 50 inch wheel base will fit into the bed ( not gate area) if the pushed against bed wall in front.

This is new to me ...but the tail gate should hold the stress of the temporary wieght of loading and unloading right witht he ramps...right?

I saw a " T" support that hooks to the hitch and allows the ramps to rest on it instead of the gate....

what is what most do when loading into bed of truck?

Thanks

Old 11-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Not sure about the Titan, but I put my ramps on the tailgate of my GMC all the time.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, that tailgate had better hold the weight for you. People have been loading these by putting the ramps on the gate for years. Down the road you might want to replace the cable straps if you are paranoid, but I haven't heard any problems with the Titan's tailgate strength. Most of the stories I have ever heard of straps breaking were from known GM straps that were prematurely failing.

Old 11-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok..the titan has a wire cable for the tail gate. I just got three of my buddys and myself---to stand on the tail gate..( about 800 pounds-).We jumped and rocked the truck and things held up fine. nothing budget except the suspension. I never really had a reason to put wight on the tail gate...but it worked fine. I was concerned because the Titan has a quick remove tail gate...no tools needed.

Thanks for the info guys...saved me some $$$ and not buying the t- support.

If I could ask...
What s a good set of ramps Y'all can recommend?

Old 11-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I picked up a set from Wally World for my Ram that work fine. They are 73" long I believe, aluminum, and are the 'arch' style. I think I paid about $75.00 for the pair. The only thing I don't like is that they have just a little contact patch with the tailgate, and I have a bed liner that interferes somewhat with that. Still, I have used the ramps plenty of times with no drama, even in rain/muddy conditions. All the autoparts stores around here carry them, and there must be thousands of online places.

Oh, just be careful you don't run that quad through your back window or ram the front of the bed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It can be an easy thing to do until you get a little practice. Also make good use of the safety straps.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Thanks....Sometimes I over think a simple thing and make it complicated for myself.

Glad I found this forum...very friendly and informative.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]