Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

bed liners

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bed liners

im wantin to put a spray in bedliner in my 2001 ford f 350 and wanted to know which company is the best?

Old 03-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default bed liners

Used to have Rhino-lining in an old dodge I had. The sucker took a lot of abuse. Dropped a 300lb rock on it and chipped it, but other than that it held up wonderfully.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default bed liners

I've been looking to spray something in the back of my truck. Some of these places will guarantee it for life. So like the chip that attworth got might be redone for free.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default bed liners

Like Watzupdog said, look for the place with the guarantee and that has been in business for a long time. You may pay a couple of bucks more but the service is worth it. Most of the major brands of spray in liners are super tuff. Some places will spray colors that come close to matching or contrast your trucks color.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default bed liners

Go with a hot/ high pressure sprayed liner. You will like it much better. Brands that fit into this would include, Ameriguard, Arma Coatings, Line-X and so on. Rhino does not fit into this catagory.

I've been spraying liners for a living for 9 yrs now. You will find that these types of liners are a lot more popular than a cold sprayed liner.

Buck

Old 03-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default bed liners

line-x is better than all imatators

Old 03-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default bed liners

Originally posted by: yellowrider250ex
line-x is better than all imatators
Here we go...

The product is only as good as the prep work under it. Why do most Line-X dealers use a scotch brite pad to rub the paint and then spray the liner? Not the way it should be done.

If the others are imitators then why did Line-X have to change their name from Arma-X to Line-X after a lawsuit in the early 90s? They used another company's name. That company at the time would have been Arma Coatings. They were the first company to spray a hot liner. They were established in 1988. Take a look at Line-Xs corporate papers....established 1990.

Buck

Old 03-20-2006, 03:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default bed liners

Buck

I am considering having the inside bottom of my aluminum fishing boat sprayed. I didn't know some liners were shot hot and others cold, good to know. What should we look for in the way of surface prep for the spray to hold tight? Thanks for any info.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default bed liners

Spraying aluminum can be done. If not done correctly it will peel very easily.

They make some etching primers that can be sprayed down prior to coating aluminum. They also make some etching solvents that can be wiped on it to help with the adhesion process. I personally have not had any luck with either one and prefer to stay away from spraying aluminum. If you find a dealer that has had success with it and will stand behind his work you may be OK.

As for hot vs cold in your case. The cold sprays are going to be a little softer and lumpier with the texture of the product. Usually more skid resistant. Hot sprays will be harder and have a finer texter. Not as skid resistant.

There are pros and cons to either one.

Hope this helps a little....

Buck

Old 03-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default bed liners

Thanks Buck, I may rethink this a little. I have seen some boats with the sprayed floors and they run a lot quieter and are easy to clean up. Didn't know about the peeling problem so will sure ask for referances of people the company has done work for.

Quick Reply: bed liners