Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Double as tent trailer Quad hauler.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double as tent trailer Quad hauler.

I seen in A mag. A tent trailer that when closed up hold's two quad's on top. Say's it sleep's six. One thing I diden't like was it was only A single axle. Has any one seen these or have one? Please give me some input on them.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are you talking about jumping jack, or another brand?

Jumping Jack Trailer link

I've only seen them at shows, but they look pretty cool. Seems like the center of gravity might be a bit high, but I would imagine it would be fine if you drive sane.

Doesn't look like there is an option for dual axle, but at least they do offer electric brakes.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JeffinTD
Are you talking about jumping jack, or another brand?

Jumping Jack Trailer link

I've only seen them at shows, but they look pretty cool. Seems like the center of gravity might be a bit high, but I would imagine it would be fine if you drive sane.

Doesn't look like there is an option for dual axle, but at least they do offer electric brakes.
That's the one. And I agree with you on the center of graity. The thing is we don't go on overnighter's often. Do to our busy life style. We now have three quads, And I am looking for something just incase we do decide to spend the night. My wife won't sleep in A ground tent anymore because we woke up to A lizard in the tent, Freaked her out. Looking for another option without having to pay for A toy hauler or motorhome that we would not be getting the use out of it compared to the cost.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They do seem pretty neat, and might be a good compromise for your situation. It is kind of a cool design, and folds up or down pretty quickly, and the tent folds into its self to become its own weatherproof bag.

I would think that the biggest drawback (as opposed to a toyhauler) would be the lack of a bathroom. As long as your lady doesn't mind using the pit toilet, or cleaning up with a sponge or whatever, it is a pretty good step up from a tent.

For me, most of the good riding areas are more than 100 miles away. With fuel prices the way they are, it is only worth the drive if I can ride a few days- so a used toyhauler works best for me. Even so, it does seem like a lot of money tied up in something that only gets used a few weeks a year.

If you get a jumping jack, please post here about how you like it and how it holds up.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a jumping jack trailer to haul my new Kawasaki Prairie 360 with. For me it was a no brainer. I can camp, hunt, and haul my trash and my Harley, all with the same trailer. I would need 3 trailers to do everything that this trailer does. With the sides up as a utility trailer, I could even cover it completely with a tarp. It is a very versatile trailer. I really wanted a toy hauler, but I don't have $20,000.00 laying around at the moment. Plus, I couldn't get the toy hauler in some of the places that I'll be hunting and camping in the Jumping Jack. I also just got a Coleman Cat heater for the tent. Come hunting season, I'll let you know how it does in the cold winter air.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Range Rover

hey middleaged, could you just pitch a tent on your current trailer, if you have one? That way you're camping in a tent, yet off the ground. Cheap solution!

Old 09-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Range Rover

Middleaged,

If you have a pickup, go to BassPro.com or Cabelas.com and get one of their tents that goes in the bed of a pickup. They're under $200. That jumpinjack thing just looked like it wouldn't be very durable. Another option would be to look at an actual steel sided cargo trailer. I know some companies will modify them so that they have an a/c and electrical outlets inside and you can camp in it. I think the cost for something like that is less than $4000.

Trending Topics

Old 09-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I totally disagree about the durability issue. I looked at numerous atv trailers before I looked at the jumping jack. My jumping jack is very well build, sturdy, and all the metal is complete full tube. When setting up the tent, with the metal sides layed out, I walk back and forth acrosss them to unzip the tent. In my opinion, it is better built than any of the atv trailers I looked at. The only atv trailer that was built better, was an all aluminum trailer that was over $2000.00 which was only built to haul atv's. In the utility trailer configuration, it is as sturdy as ANY utility trailer I have looked at. And they do have a spare tire. It is mounted under the trailer. I was sitting in the one I bought (tent set up), with 30 mph winds, the day I bought mine. It was not hooked up to a truck, but was sitting on the front and rear jacks. It was very sturdy and stable, and we even took it down and set it back up, in the wind. I wouldn't want to try that with my $400.00 six man tent.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The pickup bed tents are nice for getting you up off of the ground. They are a bit of work to set up alone but that doesn't sound like it would be an issue for you. I personally like the idea of using an enclosed trailer and having some cots to sleep on or whatever. You could always just spring for a nearby hotel!

Old 09-09-2006, 04:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Looking at them, they looked pretty durable to me. The only thing I would wonder about is the center spars of the tent in heavy snow or really extreme wind.

I thought the cushions/bed/table setup was pretty slick, and I also liked the option of having legs to make one of the racks into another table...

Here is an article where a guy took one off the beaten path, and seemed favorably impressed...

expiditions west

P.S. Harley2Ride: If you don't mind my asking, about what did you pay for yours, and what options did you get?

Quick Reply: Double as tent trailer Quad hauler.