Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

TOY HAULER FUEL STATION AFTER MARKET OR NEW????

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOY HAULER FUEL STATION AFTER MARKET OR NEW????

I recently bought a used toy hauler it did not come with a fuel station i was wondering if any of you know where i can buy and after market one or a new one i called one local dealer they tried to tell me it was $1200 just for the kit form them i thought thats is a CRAZY price so does any body have access to them or know where i can get one i my wife is a freak about the normal gas cans due to our small child and shes just a freak about gas period LOL so any help would be much apppr THANKS TONY

Old 03-30-2006, 02:38 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the trailer have a generator and it's own gas tank? If so then tap the tank, install a threaded or screw on nipple, a length of fuel line with a filter and install any 12v gas pump connected to a switch or timer. Connect some more fuel line with a shut off valve on the end and you have a fuel station!! All for about $100. We did it on a friends older Warrior and it worked great.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bigtony
I recently bought a used toy hauler it did not come with a fuel station i was wondering if any of you know where i can buy and after market one or a new one i called one local dealer they tried to tell me it was $1200 just for the kit form them i thought thats is a CRAZY price so does any body have access to them or know where i can get one i my wife is a freak about the normal gas cans due to our small child and shes just a freak about gas period LOL so any help would be much apppr THANKS TONY
Thanks for the advice but no it doesn't have a gen yet either whihc is another reason i want the fuel station so i can supply gas for the gen

Old 06-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

What are you pulling the trailer with? You could go with a tank that mounts in your pickup bed, add a 12 volt pump and have the whole deal for a lot less than the $1200 you quoted. I see these all the time at tractor supply or any place that serves the agriculture community. They use them to gas up the tractors in the field.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Range Rover

yea you van get a 57 gallon tank for like $500, and it just slides in and out of your truck. We use them to fuel up tractors all the time.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I dont know for sure but it seems like the tank in the back of our work truck says something about being for deisel only in the fine print on the tank. Maybe it is just that tank. and some are for gas. Do any of you know about this...i know the sticker on the side says "cumbustable only" That might be an issue if the tank is only made for deisel and not gas...like as in it might blow up. I was wondering about putting one in my truck for my quads, gen. ect.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

There are tanks made for gas as well. I think the big issue is because of vapors. Diesel doesn't give off most and unburnt gasoline is a nasty thing. TransferFlow makes them for gasoline. Transferflow's website has a lot of info on the requirements and what not.

I know someone with one, I think it's a Transferflow as well and he only carries gas in it. His truck is a diesel, but he fills his quads and genny for the trailer from the tank. Combo tank and toolbox. Pretty sweet. Has a nozzle and what not. But you're going to drop some coin for it. Figure +/- $1000 according to TF's website. Depending on size and options and what not. I believe his came with decals for all approved fuels. PM mstrquad and ask him.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Range Rover

I don't think it would matter if it were made for diesel or gas. They transport gas in drums, which would be the same kind of situation. As long as you didn't fill it all the way you should be fine.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I've seen tanks that were split that carry both diesel and gas. I am not so worried about explosions. No matter what, they have to be much safer than strapping a 5 gallon gerry can to the back bumper like you see all the time on the highway...

These things have been in existance for decades, this is nothing new. I can't remember ever hearing of one blowing up all by itself. And I have been around these things for over 50 yrears now... I remember my grandfather's rig we had to pump it by hand. WIth the new 12 volt pumps, it would be a lot easier that is for sure.