Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

2008 Ford 6.4 Twin Turbo PSD

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Ford 6.4 Twin Turbo PSD

Ford get something right? Thats laughable. I would take a Duramax over dodge and ford, not because of the motor thou, The interior is more comfortable, and the local Chevy dealer is the only one that will install the air bag disable shunt that my wife requires. Hoping to buy a 07 Crew Cab, Short bed 2500 Diesel. Depending if my subaru blows up or not. I love the Cummins motor, my current truck has one, just turned 430k miles on my way home from work today. But the dodge interior is just so completly uncomfortable.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1tonchev
All of that work and they still couldn't beat the the power of the Duramax's 360 HP and 650 lbs. torque
All that horsepower in the Duramax and the Powerstroke still outruns it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Range Rover

Have you been smokin one of Bill's Clintons cigars . I have yet to be outrun by a powerstroke, loaded or empty.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Have you been smokin one of Bill's Clintons cigars . I have yet to be outrun by a powerstroke, loaded or empty.
This is where it gets ugly. You see my friend, while it may seem that I am biased this is not the case. I base this on facts. I could care less which brand wins personally, but I get to base my comments on what I do for a living. Part of my shop services is Diesel performance products. In doing this we have to get baseline performance numbers from trucks prior to and after installing these products on them. These numbers are based on actual ETs from a track and HP numbers from a chassis dyno.

Stock to stock the Powerstroke is out front every time. If you don't like the facts I post take a look at EVERY online shootout that the mags are doing and this will back up what I say.

PS...Come on over and I will happily break your streak for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: buck183
This is where it gets ugly. You see my friend, while it may seem that I am biased this is not the case. I base this on facts. I could care less which brand wins personally, but I get to base my comments on what I do for a living. Part of my shop services is Diesel performance products. In doing this we have to get baseline performance numbers from trucks prior to and after installing these products on them. These numbers are based on actual ETs from a track and HP numbers from a chassis dyno.

Stock to stock the Powerstroke is out front every time. If you don't like the facts I post take a look at EVERY online shootout that the mags are doing and this will back up what I say.

PS...Come on over and I will happily break your streak for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Really?? In Diesel Power magazines last shootout the new LBZ Duramax handed the Powerstroke and Cummins their asses. Am I'm not biased....I own a brand new Cummins.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: buck183

I would say you can't get more realistic than this. You can dyno all you want, this is real world facts here. Copy and paste this into your address bar.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/pulloff2006c.htm

Old 10-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

All of that work and they still couldn't beat the the power of the Duramax's 360 HP and 650 lbs. torque
thats because chevy rules the world [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] JUST KIDDING FORD FANS! or am i

Old 12-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

does chevy make trucks for men yet? lol just kidding. i love my 06 lariat super cab 6 liter.
ford just make a truck that looks like a truck and i like the sound of the diesel.Chevy sounds like a gas motor.way to quiet for me.Although i think they are nice trucks aswell.just not for me

Old 12-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

According to Ford's service manuals, The engine should be removed for a lot of work, and lifting the cab is A LOT easier than pulling the motor in most cases. On a 03 F150 you can lift the cab right off the frame in about 1.5 hours and to pull the motor out you would be half a day at least. I work flat rate at my local Ford store and the easiest way pays the best.Lol. As for the 6.4 it should be a nightmare to work on. The 7.3 was IMO the best, and when all the bugs were out of the 6.0 showed it's ugly face. lol. Now the 6.0 is getting better just to be pushed aside by the 6.4
I AM SOOOO GLAD I DON'T WORK ON DIESELS LOL
But our diesel techs make the best money cause they're always busy. We have 2 and I think we need 4 lol. But i guess we'll have to wait and see ow the 6.4 really is. I'm sure with twin turbos it will be a tire burner lol

Old 12-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

These threads are always fun...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Brand loyalists are funny and the manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank I can assure you. Display their products with pride, wear their apparal, buy their gear, and NEVER EVER point out any negatives or demand better from them as they are THE BEST!!

LOL....sorry, I just had to wipe a tear from my face...

It's all good peeps, just enjoy your supreme whatever you have.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh and TPR...your linkie is stinkie. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2008 Ford 6.4 Twin Turbo PSD