Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Enclosed trailer interior ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enclosed trailer interior ideas

Man, looks great so far. How about that heater? Think there will be any problems from bouncing around going down the road?

Old 12-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Range Rover

Looks nice. I have the same trailer. I dont know how long mine is (24? 26?), but I can fit 7-8 wheelers in mine. Heater is a must in MN!

I was going to camper up the front of mine, but found it towed like crap unless you carry the wheelers in front.
It's good to be an American isn't it?!

Old 12-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't mind "campering up" mine too but don't know what to do about the bathroom stuff. Can you buy a toilet setup kit? The fold down couches on the walls wouldn't be that big a trick so that's doable.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: 400CatDriver
I wouldn't mind "campering up" mine too but don't know what to do about the bathroom stuff. Can you buy a toilet setup kit? The fold down couches on the walls wouldn't be that big a trick so that's doable.
Most larger cities have an RV wrecking yard or two. You may find what you want in the way of a bathroom system in one of them. For one bus I converted I was able to buy the complete fiberglass bathroom (sink, stool, shower/tub) from a wrecked trailer. Put it in place and built the walls around it. Quick and easy and way less expensive than buying individual parts and trying to make everything water tight.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Most larger cities have an RV wrecking yard or two. You may find what you want in the way of a bathroom system in one of them. For one bus I converted I was able to buy the complete fiberglass bathroom (sink, stool, shower/tub) from a wrecked trailer. Put it in place and built the walls around it. Quick and easy and way less expensive than buying individual parts and trying to make everything water tight.
Hey, good idea. I'll check it out.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: 400CatDriver
Hey, good idea. I'll check it out.
Another thought on this, the unit I used I was able to do all the plumbing prior to building the walls around it. Later had a heck of a time cutting an access door thru the bus exterior to access this plumbing for modification to add an outside faucet set and shower. I would suggest putting in the outside stuff and an access door at the time of the original install.

Edit: At the time of the modifications I also put in a couple of drain lines accessible thru the access door to make winterizing easier. If I do this kind of conversion again I'll put the water heater, pump and fresh water tank in the same area to make maintenance and drain down easier as well.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

ok ... I got my pics up and posted of my trailer.

http://www.checca.net/atv.htm

Trailer pages direct ... Trailer pages direct...

Old 12-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Range Rover

Chris, how does you Sportsman ride with just tying down the machine to the D rings? My preferred method is to tie down around the tires and leave the ATV suspension to flex as needed. The problem now that I made the switch to an enclosed trailer, is that it is going to be a lot tougher to get straps around the outboard tires. I am still undecided how I will secure mine at this point, so I am looking for ideas and feed back from peoples experiences.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

1ton, that trailer looks to pretty to put dirty wheelers in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1tonchev
Chris, how does you Sportsman ride with just tying down the machine to the D rings? My preferred method is to tie down around the tires and leave the ATV suspension to flex as needed. The problem now that I made the switch to an enclosed trailer, is that it is going to be a lot tougher to get straps around the outboard tires. I am still undecided how I will secure mine at this point, so I am looking for ideas and feed back from peoples experiences.

see the bungge cord ... I hook it to each end of the strap. This keeps the hooks from coming undone.
Also keep the tie downs low ... and it will ride great!

Quick Reply: Enclosed trailer interior ideas