Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

GMC and CHEVY durmax

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMC and CHEVY durmax

rekd, i sense some bias there!

Yes the results btwn the GMC brand & Ford would be different and would actually be substantially in Fords favor if you just compared brand to brand but take GM to Ford yes they out sell them... we've already established that GM overall outsells ford - im not disputing that. i did dispute- by the margin. The article says little over 50,000. I dont know where you are from, but here in the south the split is about 50/50 in the number of fords on the road and chevys. as far as mudholes well that can be 50/50 too.

Like i said before im not downing gm, if you read i actually think they have the upper hand, ive owned them before, my fam owns them - good trucks. but we've also owned fords that were good as well...i just like the feel & handling of the chevys better in the chevy vs. ford war.

i can tell you what went wrong with ford. they cut out their quality control under jack nasser to save money. at one time ford was the richest (not largest) car co in the world and thats when they started buying up controlling interest in mazda, volvo, aston martin, land rover to invest the billions in excess cash they had.

remember fords slogan from the 80's? "quality is job 1" well, it was changed when quality was no longer their priority. and now "bold moves"? waht the hell is that? At least "An American Revolution" from chevrolet gets allot more attention that that does. Dont discount marketing in the car business. thats how toyota has duped allot of people...yes i was one of them- i admit it. they look good on paper, but they are way overrated and over priced.

i think i'll be back in a chevy soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Yes, thats a little biased too!

Old 02-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

Go Duramax I dont think they are switching because of the price of fuel. I am paying 30cets more than my buddy but its not even close on the torque and satisfaction I feel knowing this truck is not going to be burning 2 quarts of oil every 4000 miles and it will just be breaking in at 100,000 miles when the 8.1 496 gas hog oil burning motor will be done. I traded my 2002 2500 HD 8.1 dog at 97,000 miles for The new GMC Duramax and will never go back to a gas motor. U dont have to be hauling anything to feel the power and thats enough for me

Old 02-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

That reminds me... 3/4 & 1ton diesels are extremly popular around here due to the oil patch. I got my diesel 2yrs ago and my friend shortly after purchased a 3/4ton gas job. For the 1st few months he would bug me about how i spent more $$$ over my diesel over his gas and he can supposely tow so much. Well a couple of months later he blew his motor tryin to tow. Go figure.LOL

Old 02-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Range Rover

I will probly be in a Diesel Chevy soon, as well as a Isuzu Diesel powered Subaru Legacy that they are coming out with in 08 or 09. As soon as my lease is out on my current scooby, 2 new vehicles coming home...

Old 02-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Word has it that it will not be powered by the 6.6. It will be a smaller 6 cylinder version of it. I read that somewhere on gm inside news a while back.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
rekd, i sense some bias there!
Yeah, a tad bit of bias for sure. But I've owned both and speak from experience. Honestly, they both make decent trucks, but that whole Quality Is (no longer) Job 1 thing is starting to show.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

i have to speak out here a little!! i am a ford guy but don't undermind chevy or dodge!! the thing is, most american cars and trucks share engineers!! they are contracted and sometimes by two different manufacturers!! ever wonder why everything looks the same!! i think if ford chevy and dodge keep fighting over who's best, the japs are gonna move in and swoop the market right out from under all of them!! lets stop all the my ***** are bigger than yours bull s*** and just agree that American motor companies should own the market in America and they don't because we all worry about who's better than who!! they all have pros and cons!!! i'm sure we don't need to go into that!! pride gets in the way of what's important!! i've been stuck before, i've broke down before, i've been beat by a chevy before, i mean i can go on for days; but i have also seen chevy's and dodges in the same situation and i help them and understand!! i don't talk crap on what they drive, because they'll be pulling me out one day!!

Old 02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

Chevy wants to buy Chrysler so they won't lose sales numbers and fall behind Toyota. That's the explanation I saw on the news last night. If time permits, I'll try to find a link to verify that.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer

you know i actually heard something about all three coming together, was that just rumor? i don't really follow it but that's interesting!! i like your quote, If you keep both feet firmly planted on the ground, you'll never be able to put pants on. it's so true

Old 02-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: UtahDuneRider
you know i actually heard something about all three coming together, was that just rumor? i don't really follow it but that's interesting!! i like your quote, If you keep both feet firmly planted on the ground, you'll never be able to put pants on. it's so true

They're gonna have to do something. The Unions are bringing them down quicker than you can shake a stick at. They can no longer compete with imports when they have to pay a guy $20+ per hour to put rivets in a stinkin' fender.

Quick Reply: GMC and CHEVY durmax