Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

What camper toy hauler to get

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What camper toy hauler to get

I like the floor plan for that one with the seperate garage that loads from the side. It would keep you from having to turn the quads sideways by hand. One other thing to think about on the seperate garage is that they have their plus and minus'. The biggest advantage is that if you are traveling somewhere too far away to get there in one day you do not have to unload your toys to be able to fold the beds down for sleeping. The big advantage of not having the separate garage is that you can fit more toys inside. Our 37' Dune Chaser fifth wheel can fit our Rhino, our Grizzly 700, and three dirt bikes inside, which would not be possible with the seperate garage.

I would also recommend getting one of the better quality toy haulers out there. We had a Weekend Warrior before, and now have the Dune Chaser by Mckenzie. The Dune Chaser has required far less upkeep; everything works as good as it did when we first got it three years ago. The Warrior always seemed to be blowing a tire on the highway, had the water heater self igniter quit working several times, batteries not holding a charge and needing replaced, etc., etc., etc. It was always something.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

That side loader holds 4 full size quads (2 up / 2 down) with its hydraulic lift. The motorized ramp door converts to a screen room/ tent that creates a 10x18 party room or extra bedroom. Pretty cool!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

contact national travelers rv in conway arkansas and u wil b talking to the owner. there are many rv choices. he will send u a factory order sheet and dont be afraid to load it up. he will make 980 bucks off u and thats all. i did business with him on a 40ft victory lane loaded with all radical packages and upgrades and southern rv tyler tx $55000. tax title and lic i paid less than $35000. believe me i checked for about 5 mos and ther is no better deal around tell him mike danielson sent u he will buy me a dinner u can call me ifu have any questions 903-876-3328

Old 08-25-2007, 06:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

We have a 36' KZ sportsman sportster 5th wheel and LOVE IT! We can get both our 4-wheelers in the back. The cargo space is nice size, and we have a wall between the kitchen and "garage". I didn't want to smell fumes while I was in the living room. Even if we don't take the ATVs it's great for the dog kennels and also to sit in if it's raining outside - we just pull the screen door down over the opening. If my husband takes it hunting all the mud can be left in the cargo area and not get tracked into the living space.

You might want to make sure the one you select has a fueling station in it. We never run out of gas in the 4-wheelers when we're out and about. (I even use it in a pinch for the lawn mower at home).

Your truck will pull it with ease. We have a 1-ton Silverado crew cab and it does a great job.

Happy shopping!

Old 11-17-2007, 07:44 AM
jp1
Trailblazer

I have a hobby toyhauler. I haul 3 700 quads in it. An I pull it with a 2000 Gmc Denali with no problem. I dont even use a weight distrabution hitch. I have owned other's but I will never own anything elese but a hobby!!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I also think side loading will be the wave of the future. I'm not too impressed with the Wildwood stuff, though.

Another feature I really like in toy haulers is the loft bed above the dividing wall in seperate garage models. Actually, having as many seperate beds around as possible is nice, even if you don't plan to have that many people over night very often.

Other than that, make sure you can stand up in the shower. Many RV's use a shower/tub with a bottom raised above the floor to fit drain pipes below, and that can put my head against the roof. I'm not willing to shower stooped over, or with my head sticking up in a 14" bubble skylight...

I really like the newer 5th wheels that have bathroom on one side and the stairs to the bedroom against the exterior wall on the other. Having a corner shower (that you can turn around in, and no curtain to get nasty), toilet and sink together in a seperate room is much more private feeling than the ones with the shower in the bedroom and the cheezy little privacy curtain in a track across the cieling.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

I started with a truck rack, side by side towing a bumper pull 26' trailer. While we got where we were going the extra hastle of loading the rack and disconnecting before I could get the wheelers off was a pain.

We up graded to a 36' Raptor 5th wheel with a separate garage a couple of years ago. I'll never look at a bumper pull again. The ease of connecting, pulling and disconnecting the trailer is great. We use the garage for the boy and his friends while camping. It helps with the noise and keeps them from coming in and out all of the time. Speaking of in and out, we use the garage door during stormy or cold days, it limits the time the furnace has to turn. I have been able to get all 4 four wheelers in the garage, it just took patience and a load plan.

Speaking of patience and a load plan, I have figured out that you can get a trailer with 2 jet skis on it into the garage and strapped down...... You just have to modify the tongue with a swivel pin so it swings out of the way and shortens the length of the tongue by 2 - 3 ft. You bring a ball hitch and tow the skis to the water with your truck......

Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Range Rover

wow, u guys spend tons of $$$$$$$$ on them! i bought an 8.5x24 cargo trailer, insulated the roof, put in a bathroom, waterheater, holding tank, water pump, wireing,panelbox, and can haul 4 big quads easy. i have around $5500 in it.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

have you looked at fleetwood's evolution series.its a pop up with room to put a quad in front.it looks like it's made to pull behind a 4x4. it's loaded with stuff.fridge stove water heater shower etc. it was about 15g+\- with roof mounted ac unit and brake booster. it's a very nice set up.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought one of these...check it out.

http://www.rvusa.com/rvinventory_item.asp?id=403773

Quick Reply: What camper toy hauler to get