Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Triple tow

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

many posts, threads, advice, and prayer, i decided tandem towing was the way for me right now. it ain't too bad. pretty smooth haul. the flatbed actually keeps the 5th wheel calm during windy conditions. acts as a stabilizer. but of course, POWERSTROKE is the way to go, nothing against cummins/duramax, but c'mon. 7.3L i love it.......i figured a lot of guys do this, especially Ledfoot2, so why not give it a try. works pretty good. the hitch, of which i don't have a picture of it yet, is well built and bolted to the frame. not welded....it works great.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YOU guys are way braver than me. I just hope you always drive forward and never on wet or slick roads when you try to stop that beast. Hitch weights, hights, and tire pressures have to be checked religiously. That could be a real tail wagger and get you into trouble faster than you can say Oh CRAP!

Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i'll tell ya a couple of more items: the wind don't bother you going down the road because the car hauler acts as an anchor/balancing/stabilizing action on the 5th wheel.
another thing is people get out of your way when you're turning or whatever. you do get some looks.
when backing up, go SUPER slow and make tiny adjustments.
but as you said, tires must be at least 8 ply, i prefer 10. rain? oh yeah, gotta watch out for hydroplaning. heights ain't too bad, but the lengths have to be watched accordingly to your state laws. hitch weights? yep, never to bumper to bumper to bumper. you'll lose the steering weight and then the teeter/totter effect. the truck 5th wheel to TT to car hauler puts the weight just right. BUT you have to watch how you load the quads on the car hauler and put the weight strategically where you need it or you'll have trouble. it was fun while i did it, now i got the TH.