Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Shocks for Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2000, 04:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, I am not fixin to buy any, but I think when I do, I will go all the way. I'm thinking abou works triple rate with resiviors.. but maybe tcs? I think I will send my rear in and have it re-valved. I ordered some shockwares today and I was wondering, will they still fit the after markets? Also, does anybody have the Roll Design A-arms? From Golden West they are 799 but the g.w.c. race arm is only 529. What's the difference? +2 forward and +2 wider. If I get a arms, should I get an axle too? Which one? I'd really like to stay away from Durablue because they have a bad rep, and if you go through 2, they will not replace them. Lone Star runs around 370 but durablue are only 289.. only a 6 month warrangy.. but the eliminator is 349. What good does a power steering damper kit do? handle better? What about durablue lowering kits? Where do they move the shock mounts? Can I use them on the stock then the works triples? What about the GWC RACE A ARMS WITH WORKS PERFORMANCE SHOCKS & BRAKE LINES? Would that be a better deal? I really want dual or triple rates.. but it says 1069.99 for the banshee but I don't know which shocks you get. Have any of you put ANY of these things on yours? I would really like to know about that package but i don't know.. may shop around and save money. I know some of you have to have works on yours, and I really would like to know how much better it handles/jumps. thanks,

Old 07-10-2000, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

why would you spend all that money on shocks, to then just lower it. isnt that defeating the purpose?

Old 07-10-2000, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

No, I am gonna mx it. Put the shocks on for better handling, and lower it so it will corner better. all a lowering kit does is move the mounts, but you still have the great shocks! later,

Old 07-11-2000, 01:14 PM
Range Rover

Your going to find out that your outerwears wont fit your shocks. The banshee and the blaster use the same outerwears on the front shocks. My outerwears wont fit on my blasters TCS front shocks so I doubt if it will work on the banshee. The TCS front shocks work awesome. Even nose dives wont bottom them out. I got the PEP rear revalving done to my blaster shock. It now work extremely well. I cant bottom out anymore, no matter what the jumps like. To make it more impressive I have a +4 in swingarm. I got my TCS shocks in 10 days. It took 5 months to get my revalved pep.

Old 07-11-2000, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

i have a 94 banshee with the works triple rate shocks (i think about $499 a pair) and they seem to work just fine. they have not bottomed out yet and i hit some pretty good size jumps. and, yes, the shockwears do fit these aftermarket shocks.

my suggestion is to go with the works shocks. you could spend $250 more for another brand, but the price difference does not justify the performance difference in my opinion.

Old 07-12-2000, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

First, the shockwears will fit the works, I have them both.
Second,
Get the dual rates instead of the triples. I contacted Works on two occasions and they said for MX you will never notice that soft 3rd rate, it saves some bucks too.
Third,
IF you want a wider front end go with an ATV Racing +2+1 kit, it is a great kit. You will never see a Roll Design they are back logged till hell freezes over. The ATV Racing kit uses Hiem joints on the upper pivot instead of bushings, they are camber/caster adjustable and come powder coated in you choice of an endless list. As for cost: the A arms are $625 and the brake line is $89, it uses aviation fittings and is absolutely top notch, all ends are replaceable instead of being crimped (I am an aircraft mechanic by trade). Every weld is perfect, and best of all they have most applications in stock, might have to wait a couple days for a special powder coating (also available in chrome and bare). They are great people with great products I would suggest them.
As for the axle, yes you need it if you widen the front. I run Durablue and have never had any problems. A friend of mine has been running one for 5 years MX and no probs either. I don't know where the bad rep. thing comes from, but it is false. I think that answered most of you post, anymore questions just email me.
eric

Old 07-12-2000, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Good info, I really appreciate the scoop. Are the ball joints replaceable?

Old 07-12-2000, 04:49 PM
Range Rover

Hey, where did you get the shocks?? The cheapest I can find is almost 500.. Thanks veeshman, I will probably get the duals, but if I can find some triples for around 400.. I will go with them.. My friend has some on the front of his 300ex and they feel great. Where should I send the rear in to get it re-valved? I really hate to not ride for 10 months just waiting on it to get back.. Does works re-valve? Later,

Old 07-12-2000, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

don't make the mistake of SENDING it anywhere, chief. don't you know any reputable motorcycle shop in your area? have them do the job and you won't have to wait on it. i had this job done locally - and so have friends of mine - and we have not had a problem at all. people get a bit too involved with the misconception that only a popular outfit like works can do this job. not true....

Old 07-12-2000, 11:30 PM
Range Rover

Well, around here, we don't have anybody that would do it. I would really like a good rear shock.. after jumping alot lately and adjusting the preload, It feels softer. I am very impressed with the performance, but I would like a little softer landings. The table tops are killers on a stock shee. Later,

Quick Reply: Shocks for Banshee?