Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

CA diesel exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA diesel exhaust

Ok, I have an 04 F250 6.0 diesel. I bought a Magnaflow turbo back ehaust for it and I can't find anyone to install it because it didn't come with a Cat Conv, These babies don't have to be smogged so what is the big deal? Anyone know a shop in San Diego willing to install one?

Thanks in advance.

JkAss

Old 06-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

You can't get anyone to install it because it probably isn't CARB approved. Just because it isn't smogged doesn't mean you can change things on it. If it was cat-back, they would. But soon as they touch that cat they are putting their BAR license in jeopardy. And actually, it's technically nationwide as it's a Federal offense to tamper with any emissions control equipment.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

OK, so big brother will slap my check book if I remove the CAT. Would there be much of a gain by going 4" to the CAT then 4" back or is it just as good or close to just going with the CAT back? If there is not much gain then I will go with the CAT back and not tempt Johnny Law.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JkAss

OK, so big brother will slap my check book if I remove the CAT. Would there be much of a gain by going 4" to the CAT then 4" back or is it just as good or close to just going with the CAT back? If there is not much gain then I will go with the CAT back and not tempt Johnny Law.</end quote></div>

I'll defer to someone else on that as I don't have PSD. You could post in the PSD thread and probably get a response quickly.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Well I ended up just going with a CAT back. Since my truck is still under warrenty for another 50K miles, I was told if I had some problems the dealer would try to say it is because I messed with it and honor the warrenty. We modified the Turbo back pipes alittle bit to accomidate for the Cat, So I have about 8' of 304 4" tubing. When the warrenty is up then I will install the rest of the system. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thanks for you input BlackandRedWarrior.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

What? You know the 7.3s outside of CA came with out a cat. Well in some states anyways.
Was this turbo back a bolt on? Why didnt you just install it yourself? A hand saw, BFH, and some hand tools are all you need.
Dealers cant say anything about exhaust. Its been said many times. And MR LAW nor the state can do anything about you not having a cat. yet.