Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Louisiana Guard Dog

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisiana Guard Dog

I've been thinking about getting a Louisiana Guard Dog for my atv trailer. Does anybody have any experience with one of these? I'd like to hear the good and the bad. I mean, it's nearly $150 for one. If they're crap, I'd rather save my money. Thanks.

toe

Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

I've got one. It's the real deal. I love mine. I can get the quad loaded and secured in no time at all.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

Rseb,

Does it hold your quad down securely? Any movement? What about the front end? Do you need to do anything with it? Thanks for your thoughts.

toe

Old 07-20-2007, 04:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have the one that mounts to the hitch on your truck. Like it alot, No movement at all. I'ts a good product.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: toehanus

Rseb,

Does it hold your quad down securely? Any movement? What about the front end? Do you need to do anything with it? Thanks for your thoughts.

toe</end quote></div>

Yes, it is held down very securely. It attaches to the ball on the back or the quad and prevents any up-down or side to side movement. The front wheels are between the wheel wells of the truck, so they don't move either. I imagine that if the wheel wells weren't there, the front "could" move side to side a little bit. The owner of LGD told me that he had customers that actually rolled their pickup and the quad stayed in the truck.

Another aspect that I really like is that the LGD makes it virtually impossible to steal your quad. As long as you have locked pins in place, the best a thief could do would be to remove your trailer ball and possible lift your quad over the LGD or the side of the pickup.

I've never lost a quad out of the back of a truck, but I have had plenty of straps come loose in my day. It's nice not having to worry about that anymore.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Range Rover

RSeb,

Thanks for the response. I'm considering getting one for my trailer, so the front tires wont' be held in place by the wheel wells. It looks like it is really quick to hook up. Anyway, thanks again.

toe

Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

The LGD is an excellent item IMO. I still thing it is a good idea to strap down the front of the quad just for extra safety.

Another product that has caught my attention and is going to be added to my trailer shortly is this.

www.trailersentry.com/index.html

I think a couple of these on the back of my trailer along with a good hitch lock and an alarm will make sleeping at night a lot easier.

If this link won't work google up "Pegleg trailer guard"