Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Diesel guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Diesel guys

I think Edge has a box out for the 6.7 now. If your looking for a chip.
I level all our Dodges. I look for the cheapest puck I can find. Just make sure if you want to fully level it, you get the 3" puck, and not the 2". Rons truck look good with his tires.......

What tranny did you get?

Old 09-21-2007, 02:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel guys

The 6.7 is a nice truck; my father in law has one.
One thing they are having problems with is the DPF. Dodge can't seem to get the programing right and they are plugging up right and left. I heard once they clog they will strand you.
Have fun with your new truck. 35K is a steal. Must have beat the salesman up pretty bad to get that price!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

Viper, Its got the aisin (sp) tranny and exhaust brake. I picked it up yesterday and its awsome!

Doctor, I talked to the service manager (buddy of mine) and they think they have the programming correct now and shouldnt be a problem. So I'll just see what happens. It took two days of battle to get the deal done, the salesmen still has two black eyes LOL! They have a lot full of 08's now and I think their motivated to get rid of the 07's I got lucky I guess.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

hey viper did you level it yourself and if you did do you have to have to realign it? Im looking at 33.5 on 17'' black and polished alum wheels. Tires are toyo

Old 09-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Diesel guys

No, I had three done by the dealer, and the other one at a local auto shop. The cheapest one that I have had done was 300 bones. Everyone I have had done needed a alignment.

That new tranny sounds kick butt. I have the six speed manual in my personal truck, and while I like it for towing, it gets old rowing the boat everywhere else. I have the 4 speed auto in Jeremey's truck, and once I put in a good torque converter, valve body and deep pan, its been good. The problem I had with it, was the gap between 3 and 4th. You wont have that issue!
I have read the same as Doctorturbo, as they have had some serious issues with the particulate filters. Hopefully they solve that issue soon.

Post a pic once you get it done. Over in the Bomb section of course........lol

Old 09-22-2007, 01:40 AM
Trailblazer
Default Diesel guys

Congrats and welcome! Be sure to visit www.turbodieselregister.com for tons of good information and good people to answer questions.

Personally, I wouldn't do a leveling kit. Look at my pic below and if you haul much, you're nose is going to be high. If I do anything, it will be a full lift.

I can tell you that 305/65/17's look like this:

Old 09-22-2007, 02:28 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diesel guys

Congrats on the new truck!

I'd check HERE for suspension stuff. It's best to call him and ask him questions and he'll tell you the best route to take.

If you tow a lot a set of airbags in the rear will solve all your sagging problems.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

Watch out with the modifying, its addicting as hell. The Cummins ram is a beast, I love the I6. When my 6.0 lets loose, I will be doing the cummins swap. I was looking at the rams when I bought my truck, I liked how they look and I loved the motor, but the fords just caught my eye a little more. The aftermarket for both is huge, so look around...there are tons of toys available for them.

Here is my baby:

04 F-250 6.0 diesel, 8" superlift with 38x14.50 nitto mud grapplers. The motor is stock for now, but I will be doing a SCT tuner, exhaust and intake as soon as I get my traction bars. That combo should be good for 450ish rwhp and about 900lbs of torque.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

Nice truck. Enjoy it. The Aisin is the auto that comes with the cab and chassis (PTO Provision). Pickups have the 68RFE...

There have been threads about the particulate filter, but strangely the problem seems to crop up in some regions, so I wonder if they are fuel sensitive...

Personally, I wouldn't chip the motor, since they have plenty of power, and if you had a failure with evidence of warranty voiding performance stuff, it could get really expensive...

Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Diesel guys

Nice trucks guys!

I got a chance to pull my trailer over the weekend (took all my boys ridin) Had 5 quads including my 400 2up. 4 on the trailer and one in the bed. Six of us in the cab and all I can say is "what trailer?" Theres a 6% grade about 2miles long over lake of the woods cruise on 70 I think it only shifted once never even dipped the speedometer. On the way back down the exhaust brake worked awsome and it sounds really cool. I am pleased. As far as mods right now im looking for some bling and tires. Its my daily work truck so a big lift isnt very practicle for me. Im really lookin forward to this coming weekends trip to Florence. Theres quite a few big grades between here and there. Funny I used to dread them now Im like bring it on!

Whats the trick to getting the truck defrosted in the morning and how cold does it need to be before I start plugging it in at night. Kinda stupid questions but this is my first diesel.

Quick Reply: Diesel guys