Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Silver Star ATV Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Silver Star ATV Trailer

I did a search for Silver Star ATV Trailers...and did not have any hits. So...my question is...Does anybody have any experience with these trailers?

This is a 7'x12' with a GVRW of 3500lbs. (see pic)

Silver Star ATV Trailer

They seem to be a really cool design...with having a 7' area up front for the larger ATV's...and then the remaining 8'x6' for another ATV. The loading ramps are part of the rail.

So...experience...or comments about it...please let me know. I am looking at a 2005 model right now for sale at a good price.

Thanks,
biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is actually a Silver Fox trailer called their T-Shaped model. I have the non T and it is an outstanding trailer. Here's a link showing a better photo with some details:

Silver Fox

Old 12-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the link. Someone in another thread also provided me with that link. I am still impressed with the trailer. I clicked on the picture and I could actually see the sale price of $1843. Not bad for a multi-functional trailer.

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

What I really like about that 2 ATV design it is gets the <u>rear</u> ATV over the Trailer tires, which provides some needed tongue weight.

The other 2 ATV design I see with the ATV's loaded side by side, one in front of the trailer wheel and one to the rear of the wheel, does not give it proper tongue weight and can produce dangerous sway back at highway speeds. This works if you have a heavier machine in front, or if you load extra gear in front for tongue weight, but I still think it is a bad design.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

lovmudd -- I certainly agree. Well have not pulled the trigger yet, but the T-shaped trailer is TOP of my list. I should be buying in the next 4-6 wks...and the ATV soon to follow.

What I am waiting for is nice riding weather...so my ATV warranty is NOT wasting away while parked on the trailer in the garage. &lt;grin&gt;

It's been a long wait!

biz

Old 02-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

I kinda made my own my T-shaped trailer. I have 5x10 with 18in sides. So I welded a platform off the front to hold one side of the ATV and made a removable platform within the bed of the trailer for the other side. I know can put an ATV on top of the rails side-ways in the front of the trailer and the other ATV sits behind it. I made the section within the bed removable so i can still use the trailer for other things around the house.

The only thing I don't like is the front ATV is higher than the truck cab and is some work to tie down. The amount of tongue weight is nice for the ride though.

My next trailer will be something like that T-trailer. Much easier to load and anchor than my setup.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info Turfguy. Yeah...seems like a nice design to have the T-shaped trailer.

I plan on calling them...and asking what the exact measurements are...so I can determine if it will fit in my garage...without to much hardship.

biz

Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

--- Bump ---

biz

Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Arrow

Sorry for the link not working in the #1 post. Guess when the site was updated a few weeks ago...the link stopped working.

Let's see if this works...

biz

Old 04-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

I like that trailer a lot. Would work great for my two Honda Utilities. I also think it would fit in my garage. Did you ever get the final measurements?

Quick Reply: Silver Star ATV Trailer