Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Getting a Nissan Titan Crew Cab Pro-4X

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Getting a Nissan Titan Crew Cab Pro-4X

Hey gents, I've been in the market for a new crew cab to replace my GMC 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 as it has cost me alot of money to keep it on the road. I have been watching Nissan for good deals on the Pro-4x and finally went over to a local dealer yesterday. Nissan is offering $5000 off and the dealership took and extra $2000 or so off. I got one for $7000 under invoice and over $10,000 under MSRP. In talking with a couple dealerships they said Nissan has slowed production of the Titan line as the economy has slowed. So, if you're in the market it would be a good time to look. They have to deliver one from New Jersey for me to get the truck I want up here in Massachusetts.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 170 Likes on 169 Posts

Moose, traded in our 1500 on a Titan a year ago. This is the first truck we've had in a while I haven't bitched about something on. Don't know how it will compare to a 2500, but compared to our 1500, the only thing I'd like to have is the Onstar system. Otherwise, it out pulls, gets better mileage is more comfortable and we got a lot more truck for less money. Captains chairs, center console, power rear window, bed liner, track system for bed to name a few. Paid 3k less for the 08 Nissan vs an 06 Silverado.

Enjoy the new ride! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah, Scooter, I'm going to end up spending $3000 less than I did for my GMC back in 2002. And that was a good deal. I got the Max Utility package and the Driver Convenience. Enough bells and whistles to keep me happy for a decade or more. I'm going over in 30 minutes to put down the deposit so they can deliver. I spent at least $5000 on things that went wrong with my GMC. So much for Professional Grade. I hope this truck treats me like all the other Japanese rigs I've had. On the "will it be as good as the 2500" time will tell. I've seen a couple Titan Crew Cabs pulling long campers and they were riding better than some F250s I've seen. Even before I haggled with the dealer I checked all the American makes. For the same equipment they were $3000-7000 more expensive with less rebates. It made my decision even easier. I'll post a pick after I get it home in a few days.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an 05 Titan "no fear" edition, 6"lift, 35's, etc. etc. That was a great truck, never had a problem with it. Congrats on your new purchase, you'll like it!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Funny, when I went to look at the Titans, I was looking at pretty much the same features the Silverado had. Saw the next step up and asked the price. Had me sold right then, even before we started negotiating the price. One other thing I would have liked to have gotten was the bluetooth connectivity thing. But they didn't have it in the short bed trucks with the towing package. They did have it with one long bed, but it was white, and this is also the wifes daily driver. I could just see her trying to park that thing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI-Nissan signed a contract with Chrysler, and Chrysler (Dodge) will be produce Nissans' full-size truck in the future. Don't know when the Titan-or Nissan built Titan-will be dropped from the model line.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KQ400Pilot

FYI-Nissan signed a contract with Chrysler, and Chrysler (Dodge) will be produce Nissans' full-size truck in the future. Don't know when the Titan-or Nissan built Titan-will be dropped from the model line.</end quote></div>
09 will be the last MY for the Nissan built Titan!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

From what I saw, the body was to remain relatively the same, but the power plant would be a Chrysler product.

But, that was also before the auto industry took a huge dump. Right now, they say Chrysler could have the possibility of going out of business. They need more cash than the government can/will provide. Last company they talked to was Fiat, and they turned them down. Not saying that the people over at Fiat don't make a fine product (just the one we owned), but how far down have you gotten on the list to get to them?

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Edit: Also, I thought 2011 was to be the first year they released the "Chryin" product.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

From what I saw, the body was to remain relatively the same, but the power plant would be a Chrysler product.

But, that was also before the auto industry took a huge dump. Right now, they say Chrysler could have the possibility of going out of business. They need more cash than the government can/will provide. Last company they talked to was Fiat, and they turned them down. Not saying that the people over at Fiat don't make a fine product (just the one we owned), but how far down have you gotten on the list to get to them?

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Edit: Also, I thought 2011 was to be the first year they released the "Chryin" product.</end quote></div>
Don't believe everything you read! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] There is a joint venture with Fiat that is a go and will be in full swing very shortly.

There is also a venture with Nissan to produce a small car. This will be Nissans part of us suppling them a truck chassis allong with allowing Nissan right to use Cummins engines in ther new 2500HD trucks.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

Don't believe everything you read! </end quote></div>

True, I mean Obama is gonna fix everything.

Quick Reply: Getting a Nissan Titan Crew Cab Pro-4X