Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

DiamondBack ATV, Ultimate rack

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DiamondBack ATV, Ultimate rack

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bjf102106

I ordered the Diamondback last week. I got a pretty good deal I got the side load with extension for a short bed for $2100 out the door installed. I will post pics once I've loaded them on!</end quote></div>

Looking forward to seeing the posted pics! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

biz

Old 03-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mamurray, I plan on taking trip up to Lake Murray in April also. Just trying to decide if i want to go at the beginning or the end of the month. When are you going to be headed that way?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Buckdw

mamurray, I plan on taking trip up to Lake Murray in April also. Just trying to decide if i want to go at the beginning or the end of the month. When are you going to be headed that way?</end quote></div>

Not for sure yet, our last time it was spring break in March and kind of cold. Have you been there before?

Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Never been. This will be my first trip out there. Actually, this weekend, my girlfriend and I are taking our very first atv trip together. We're heading out to Pool Ranch in Athens, TX. We get to break in our new 4-wheelers. Hers is a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O., mine is a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI H.O. You should come out there if you can. It should be a lot of fun.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Buckdw

Never been. This will be my first trip out there. Actually, this weekend, my girlfriend and I are taking our very first atv trip together. We're heading out to Pool Ranch in Athens, TX. We get to break in our new 4-wheelers. Hers is a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O., mine is a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI H.O. You should come out there if you can. It should be a lot of fun.</end quote></div>

We would if we could but we're in Independence, Kansas, way up in the southeast corner of the state. Last year we rode in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, New Mexico and of course Kansas. Oklahoma's closest and has some great riding. We like Appalacia Bay at Keystone Lake and The Little Sahara at Waynoka. Lake Murray is great because of all the activities at the lake as well as being able to ride your four wheeler right from your campsite to the trails. I looked up the Pool Ranch and it said its only open five times a year. From their gallery they look like they are big on muddin'. I'm not really a mudder, I go through it only when there's no way around it. Have fun at Pool Ranch and don't get hurt. When we get a date set for April I'll let you know. Mike

Old 03-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yea, when you look at the website it makes it seem like a big place for muddin, but it's not that many places to go deep in mud. I'm not really into muddin either, just some basic scenic trail riding. Be sure you let me know when you guys are headed to Lake Murray, and I'll be sure to check out the other places you mentioned. Thanks.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, I haven't checked in with this forum in a while. I have a diamondback with the extension rack for my 03 dodge shortbed, and am very happy with it. It has been on the truck for over 3 years now and works great. I also tow my 25' trailer with two quads on the rack ( I had to install a supper hitch so I wouldn't put the corner of the extension rack through my trailer) I hope you are as happy with the diamondback as I am it sure helps you get a square meal in a round can.

Mike

Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Trailblazer

Here it is we have used it a few times this year and it works great! It's really easy and works great when I pull the travel trailer.

Name:  ctd.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  79.0 KB

Old 05-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sweet.

A trailer can be cheaper, but there are times that not having to drag one around is nice, or you could tow a camp trailer.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My dad has this on his truck. He is in his 60's and hates heights, and I would have never though he would even drive his quads up on this. After he did it the first time, it's not bad at all. The ramps are the right length and work great. He tows a trailer behind his truck. I love how easy it is to take on/off if needed. You still have access underneath if needed.
Pretty sweet setup I think.