Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

from tandem tow to TH

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That has to be a pia to back up.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Range Rover

Nice setup!!! Do you have to turn the quads sideways to get them to fit or can you drive them in side by side. I am hoping in a few years to get a toyhauler but I can't find any that has the side fold down and not the rear gate. With 2 big polarises with big tires they don't fit side by side. The trailer I currently have they load from the side. Just curious, thanks for the input.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
That has to be a pia to back up.
you mean backing up the tandem tow rig? not too bad, the trick is to go very slow and make minor adjustments. the best thing is to not back up though.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Tonyxp
Nice setup!!! Do you have to turn the quads sideways to get them to fit or can you drive them in side by side. I am hoping in a few years to get a toyhauler but I can't find any that has the side fold down and not the rear gate. With 2 big polarises with big tires they don't fit side by side. The trailer I currently have they load from the side. Just curious, thanks for the input.
i'm not really up to speed on all of the toy haulers, but this forest river palomino ******** is the only one i've seen so far that offers a side load option.

2011 Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  30THSS Toy Hauler for Sale [Stock No. N030009]

Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 PM

luxury!

a whole lot better setup than i'm used to!

Old 07-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Range Rover

Yeah I have seen them but they aren't big enough to fit 3 quads. I want a 14' garage and the side wall to fold down not the rear gate. Sorry I am not that good at explaining things real well. I am almost leaning towards making my own toyhauler. I talked to a few reps about taking a regular 5th wheel trailer and adding a 14' deck behind it and adding 3 new axles. I weld for a living and have made quite a few trailers. The factory reps said they would be willing to help in placement of the axles if we were to buy a trailer from them. I am not to worried about having them enclosed either.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

there's been a couple of local guys take a 30' gooseneck deckover trailer and put a travel trailer on it minus the axles obviously. then still have some flatbed left at the end of the trailer for quads. kind of redneck looking but it works and didn't look too bad.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

tactical...you stole my idea! Call it what you like but i want something cheap for riding trips, wife dosnt like me taking our rv.
I have been thinking about finding a 22-24' trailer and buying a cheap used popup. Then mount a winch on the trailer and just pull the popup onto the front of rht etrailer and put 2 quads behind. Then when you get to the campground you can just unload the popup and use the trailer to head to the trails. Most trails in new england require you to trailer to them...no camp ride setups around here that i know of.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I always wanted to rebuild a 2-4 horse trailer into a toy hauler. They have heavy frames and axles, dividing wall, ramps and locks.
Its a dumb idea, but I like projects.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
I always wanted to rebuild a 2-4 horse trailer into a toy hauler. They have heavy frames and axles, dividing wall, ramps and locks.
Its a dumb idea, but I like projects.
I would recommend replacing the urine, manure, soaked plywood. But, that just might be me.

Quick Reply: from tandem tow to TH