Trick and Stunt Riding Photos Post your stunt photos here. ATV Connection is not responsible for accidents as a result of attempting maneuvers seen here.

The Trick I bet none of you will ever do....

Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Trick I bet none of you will ever do....

Great picture! I've done it several times when I had my 02 raptor 660 until my front right wheel dipped down and I went over the bars. Luckily? it was at the end of the pond. We both went rolling several times, me ahead of the raptor, and it landed on me. It hurt. I don't do it anymore! LOL! I wish I had pics, though. There's a lot of stupid stuff my son and I have done that I wish I had video or atleast pics of so I can laugh. Not going to do any of it again....guess I'm getting old!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Trick I bet none of you will ever do...."></title><script src=

thats nuts man cool though

Old 01-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Range Rover

they say after i think 50mph that hitting water is the same as concrete!!!! GREAT pic

Old 02-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

It's not really that hard, you just act like you'er goin over whoops, just lean back and lay on it!! I learn from my own mistakes ALOT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

I am definitely going to try this as soon as I get a faster quad. I race dirt bikes and I think it would be a little harder to do it on a dirt bike and my LT 125 doesn't have a chance,
but I know a guy that's going to sell me a bad *** YFZ 450 with all the bells and whistles made for quad war racing for only 2500 bucks and a fresh motor.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ive dont that @ silver lake several times on my trx250R.
did swamp it once, didnt hurt the motor thankfully, just had to get towed back drain the oil & pull te plug & was all good.

-josh

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MIwolvy

I have seen a few people do it on dirtbikes and quads at silver lake, but the water was only about 3' deep...but still plenty to throw you over the handle bars and flood your machine out. I dont think that is something I will ever try, but I like watching other go for it..lol!</end quote></div>

Old 04-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

The reason you can do that at speed is because of the hydrogen bonds in the water. Basically, the harder to push against the water the harder it pushes back. Try this, gently place your hand into a sink, tub, etc. then slap the water as hard as you can. Feel the difference? that's the hydrogen bonds trying to keep you from breaking the surface tension.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Trailblazer

Here's Richard hammond explaining it, with a demonstration by a jeep and a snowmobile.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was pretty cool

Old 05-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nice I dont think I could try it over a big deep pond like that, the thought of my quad going under has me but do you think its possible on a big puddle?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Trick I bet none of you will ever do....